Pep's contract situation

Let's take a moment to think about this.

Phil Foden will always say, I hope, that City is the club of his heart. He may move at some point, and I wouldn't begrudge it him. But I would hold it against him if he denied where he comes from, and the special link he has with this club. Wherever he goes on to play. And after all he may choose to play out his career here — rare as that has become.
It's the same with Pep. He has always said — and it's normal — that Barca is the club of his heart. That's fine by me. But as a manager, he only stayed at Barca as a manager for four years (five if you count the youth team). He only stayed at Bayern for three years.
Now those are big clubs, like it or not. They are.
He will now have stayed at City from 2016 to 2025. That is way, way beyond his other tenures. He must really like something about this place. The way the club's set up, the backroom staff, the players and yes, I like to think, maybe us the fans.
Maybe he's even developed a taste for Manchester rain. (Bernardo, please take note).
It is quite phenomenal that the best manager/coach in the world, bar none, who could walk into literally any job (including a national one) in the world, has decided to devote ten years of his professional life to us. Us, the so-called plastic club, the oil club, the club that ignoramuses claim has no history prior to 2008.
Josep, I raise a glass to you…

If anyone has doubts that Luis Enrique is a great coach, they just have to look at how he rebuilt the Spanish team that was already destroyed. They reached the final of the Eurocup and the National League. Not to mention that he won 5 titles in first year at Barcelona. second only to pep. Is top top . Tiki taka school

Not to be a Debbie downer, but does this mean he's off in 2025?

Not necessarily. He started out in 2016 with a three-year deal, and the fact that he's previously signed several extensions didn't mean he left when they were due to expire. He'll leave when he feels he needs a break or a change of scenery, or when he thinks the players are no longer responding to his methods. Personally, I'd like to think he'll at least celebrate a decade with us - and maybe even stay a year or two beyond that, but you never know until it happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.