Pep's contract situation

if we win the champions league this season then i could see a option for pep to leave, the big question would be ok do i stay and try to retain champions league and build another premeir league title push or is champions league the limit

for me the premeir league is the bread and butter the champions league can fuck off, BUT the club and pep want that champions league title so much
Why stop at one?

No his first retirement which he later rescinded.
PS I don’t remember any real improvement in the prem that year. We got 66 points, 13 less than previous year. Champs league performance shows this up rather. Nasri wasn’t even fit.

You're spot on - the notion that we improved after it was announced Pellegrino was to be replaced by Pep in the close season is simply bollocks. It was Pellers himself who revealed Pep's impending arrival in a press conference on 1 February 2016. At that point, we had 44 points from 23 games, three behind leaders Leicester (and with a better goal difference).

We then took 22 points from the last 15 games, a drop from over 1.9 points per game before the announcement to below 1.5 afterwards. We finished in fourth spot, 15 points off the top, and scraped CL qualification only on goal difference.

We'd already qualified for the League Cup final, which we won on penalties, and we squeezed past one of PSG's weaker modern incarnations to make the CL semi, only to put in a supine display against Real where we didn't even seem to try to win the tie. Neither of these things changes the reality of our dreadful league form once it was known Pellegrini was on the way out.

You're spot on - the notion that we improved after it was announced Pellegrino was to be replaced by Pep in the close season is simply bollocks. It was Pellers himself who revealed Pep's impending arrival in a press conference on 1 February 2016. At that point, we had 44 points from 23 games, three behind leaders Leicester (and with a better goal difference).

We then took 22 points from the last 15 games, a drop from over 1.9 points per game before the announcement to below 1.5 afterwards. We finished in fourth spot, 15 points off the top, and scraped CL qualification only on goal difference.

We'd already qualified for the League Cup final, which we won on penalties, and we squeezed past one of PSG's weaker modern incarnations to make the CL semi, only to put in a supine display against Real where we didn't even seem to try to win the tie. Neither of these things changes the reality of our dreadful league form once it was known Pellegrini was on the way out.
I’d agree with nearly all of that except we were significantly better than PSG over two legs and never looked in danger of going out. The Madrid semi was shocking though, especially the second leg

Why stop at one?

i could not care less if we win it or not champions league, because its not a fair level playing field with FFP, the so called elite clubs are treated different to manchester city, they all have won it without sanctions and a helpping hand by the match officials,

Fair enough, I remembered it otherwise but I stand corrected.

You think it would have been better if nobody knew he was leaving? Given many wanted him sacked and replaced, and the team was flat anyway?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.