Pep's contract situation

I think this is very likely if Pep leaves. Young, no stranger to winning, already won a title, did very well in the UCL, would've progressed further if not for Araujo losing his head, and plays the exact football CFG wants.

If Xavi doesn't take up a job for a year, I really think our hierarchy might go for him. Ex-Barca, so Txiki and co. would know him and Xavi would be around familiar faces. He's a tad more fiery than Pep but I personally like that in coaches. Pep would probably recommend him too.

He hasn’t been backed either I’d like to see what he’d do with proper backing. At Barca he had to settle for third or fourth choice on transfers and to rely on youth.

When I hear Pep say he is tired and needs a break or a new challenge then I’ll believe it. Until then I believe what he’s said, which is that he’ll definitely do next season and see how the players react, and how he feels, before deciding anything else. IF Pep had told people he was definitely leaving it would be fully out there. All we have is Gaughan speculating- if Pep leaves then he can say he was right, if he doesn’t then it will be long forgotten

Let's the honest I bet 99% of us though he would do 3 years max when he rocked up, if he leaves after 9 what an incredible bit of history we have witnessed and one NONE of us would have imagined in our wildest dreams.
Rag commented on my Facebook post when we appointed Pep. She said it will all end in tears.

She was fucking right, too. I had tears when gabby got the 100th goal, tears when we did the fourmidable and tears when we won the CL.
I’ll have tears when he leaves, too.

Already being peddled that Pep is leaving as he knows we will be proven guilty with charges so is jumping ship

If the rumours are true I see it as a double edged sword. I can't see Pep leaving until the 115 charges are resolved - otherwise he leaves himself open to jibes about bailing before we get found guilty/relegated etc and not able to do it without a cheque book or cheating thus tarnishing his legacy.
If, as Tolmie's Hairdoo has also stated, that the club are confident of being cleared, then it clears the way for Pep to bow out with everyone's blessing and thanked for 9 glorious years.

If the rumours are true I see it as a double edged sword. I can't see Pep leaving until the 115 charges are resolved - otherwise he leaves himself open to jibes about bailing before we get found guilty/relegated etc and not able to do it without a cheque book or cheating thus tarnishing his legacy.
If, as Tolmie's Hairdoo has also stated, that the club are confident of being cleared, then it clears the way for Pep to bow out with everyone's blessing and thanked for 9 glorious years.
That bit sums it up.

No point worrying about the future. Khaldoon will do what’s best for city and that’s enough for me.

I hope it’s handled properly and Pep confirms it early and we get a no 2 in this season to take over from him next season.

On the players, if some want to leave because of pep then so be it. I think we need to be honest here and get ready for upheaval on the playing front.

Pep staying for so long has put us in a slumber in some respects. Same with expecting to beat the rags, sometimes we all need a shake and come out of the lethargic mentality which can creep in with winning so much.

Let’s get the charges sorted and with 8/9 years of pep to help guide us in the future. It will not be easy but we have a blueprint for success.

Changes are inevitable. Exiting times.

What a ride it’s been.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.