Pep's contract situation

I did ask soriano about the charges, and that was his response, why would I lie about that lol???

And I did see Hatton with all his wanker mates in Mary D’s and did over hear one of his goons say Somet about a 115 party in there, but as I stated he was just a pissed up idiot,

And I did speak to someone well connected at the club on Saturday, who told me the news of pep going, I actually revealed the news in another thread on here before the media reports in the Mail,

I don’t know why your getting your knickers in a twist you big tart, accept it and deal with it,

in khaldoon I trust 100% along with the owner on who he works on behalf of,
Ok Walter, as you were.

I don't think they are that comparable myself, and Pep showed it can work when he left Bayern.

However, there is a second layer to it where you absolutely have a point.

Pep's whole thing is 'I will see how the players are, how they respond'.

That's a gauntlet. Imo, not a chance he lays that down, then in December decides to go, leaving an inevitable implication or suggestion that the players aren't up to it, or are not 'responding'. Which is ultimately how it would be latched on to, and he knows it.

Imo, and this is a personal take, when he does decide to leave, he will frame it differently, and will take all pressure off the club and players, and will make it all about his state of mind, Not that of the team. And probably will choose his moment well.

So while we keep seeing these 'we will decide next season' remarks that set a challenge for the players to show hunger and motivation, I will feel pretty positive about it all.

And if it does turn out he leaves, I will embrace that too.
I agree - I think he’s almost dangled the carrot in front of the players and said show me you still want to win and compete

Still performances like on the weekend might make him question that

Think we have all come to think this by now.

But just like Tolmie himself, not everything they say is gospel. They all speculate, and all get things wrong often enough.

I will always tend to defer to my own reading of things, and what is publicly available will always take precedent over hearsay, for me.

I’d normally pay no attention to an article like that. But since it’s come from Jack who’s normally very reliable about us. I don’t think you can just throw it away.

Martin also put something out as well and he’s reliable for city as well.

Why would two Journalists that are close with the club. Put out a clickbait piece? Doesn’t make sense.
Doesn’t make sense? You’re discussing it in here, that’s exactly what journalists do

It’s hard to really know when he will announce he’s going or extending if he does it at start of the season maybe some players won’t sign not knowing who is going to be manager next season. Then you have players wondering should I go if Pep is going it should I stay is he staying?
If he does a Klopp halfway through the season it could derail it, but also the longer it drags he will be asked at every press conference are you extending or going?

If Pep leaves , I’d like to see how Xavi would do here. Won la liga at Barca with not much backing and had to use youth. Finished second with an average Barca side this season. Similar situation to what Pep had at Barca with politics taking over in the background.
I think this is very likely if Pep leaves. Young, no stranger to winning, already won a title, did very well in the UCL, would've progressed further if not for Araujo losing his head, and plays the exact football CFG wants.

If Xavi doesn't take up a job for a year, I really think our hierarchy might go for him. Ex-Barca, so Txiki and co. would know him and Xavi would be around familiar faces. He's a tad more fiery than Pep but I personally like that in coaches. Pep would probably recommend him too.

I agree - I think he’s almost dangled the carrot in front of the players and said show me you still want to win and compete

Still performances like on the weekend might make him question that

Did you hear what he said about it at the parade? 'We will be back next year, and we will take the 'effea' cup'. The fire is still very very much there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.