Pep's contract situation

It’s hard to really know when he will announce he’s going or extending if he does it at start of the season maybe some players won’t sign not knowing who is going to be manager next season. Then you have players wondering should I go if Pep is going it should I stay is he staying?
If he does a Klopp halfway through the season it could derail it, but also the longer it drags he will be asked at every press conference are you extending or going?

That may possibly be a concern mate regarding new players and maybe even ones like Haaland, Rodri and other current players?

Khaldoon s annual imminent, might reveal something, might not.Peps been phenomenal but what a challenge for a new manager, hope it's not Moyesey

It will reveal nothing. It never does, he tempers it, just like Pep does.

We will hear the usual, 'we are both comfortable, he deserves the patience and we will give it to him, and we will do what's best for the club either way.'

And that IS the reality of it, and I welcome it.

It is possible he intended to wait until after the parade but ran with it early because he thought other reporters now had the info.
What info, pep may or may not leave next season? We all knew that already. Pep himself said he'd sit down and talk to the club sometime next season and he will see how he feels. It was an article for the sake of an article.

That may possibly be a concern mate regarding new players and maybe even ones like Haaland, Rodri and other current players?
Yep, the thing is it’s downhill from here manager wise, there is no one out there who is an elite manager now. If Pep wants a challenge win another CL before he goes, that’s what as Khaldoon should be doing, of course if he feels burnt out then fair enough, but I see a rebuild here with youngsters as KDB, Bernie leave.

Hang on, didn’t Gaughan also write last week that Pep had met with a senior top class player about getting a feel about the players confidence in him about an extension? That changed quick?! The more I read it is the more it’s a guess piece imo, poor from Jack the timing as well to be honest as he seems a decent fella and trusted City source? Laughable that Blackburn posted the same but later and yet both say although no decision has been made, sources at the club tell them it’s likely he leaves?!
No that was Mike Keegan who doesn’t have a clue about anything at all

Bingo and Pep leaving the PL is a nightmare scenario for the league, both huge box office figures, even more so if they ended up in La Liga.

Alonso would be a superb choice but if he comes to us it means he could never manage the dippers and he has a strong affinity with them.
The media clearly were gutted about Bingo leaving because he presented an easy fulcrum for them to channel the required dipper love-in through. Ten minutes talking about Klopp’s latest tantrum and its job done. All the other guff about him being a normal bloke and ‘getting’ the scouse people; it was perfect for them. If this new bloke struggles then the media is going to have to be extremely careful how they cover it as we all know you can’t criticise scousers.

With Pep, the media have never really got him, partly because Pep has never been that interested in talking to them. And if anything he’s been too successful for them, too dominant.

As for Alonso, the dipper issue is a factor but if he was that bothered about managing them then he would surely have taken the job when he was offered it earlier this year? He could have walked into the Bayern and Barcelona jobs as well but chose to stay for a year.

I bet the same cunts in the press who said we were destroying football and making the league too predictable will be the same cunts writing about how he will be impossible to replace and that we will inevitably drop off once he’s gone. Absolutely fucking nailed on.

Anyway, if true, nine years is more than any of us could have imagined. What a time it’s been. And nothing lasts forever.

Yep, the thing is it’s downhill from here manager wise, there is no one out there who is an elite manager now. If Pep wants a challenge win another CL before he goes, that’s what as Khaldoon should be doing, of course if he feels burnt out then fair enough, but I see a rebuild here with youngsters as KDB, Bernie leave.

Pep just needs to do the Quad next season then ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.