Pep's contract situation

Soriano to NYCFC as vice president too with Pep going there and possibly KDB

Txiki retiring

So a summer of change this time next year

We do? Not being funny, but if Pep leaves next season who's in line to take over? Do we have a boot-room situation like the dippers had in the 70's-80's? I don't really see it to be honest, but if there is great.
But if not, we'll either have to get someone in this summer and Pep will groom him, or we'll have to bring someone in from the outside.

I personally think and hope Pep will extend for at least a year after next because we've got the new Club World Cup format next June and i think he'll want to win that. (especially after we do the Treble again next season :-)) Would he then leave in July? not sure he would tbh.

And also, it gives Vinny two years of top level experience at BM, because i hope he's our next manager.
If de zerbi isn’t in a job by august then we must assume we’ve bought him out of his contract?

Been hearing this is not true, as far as no decision made and it is a general feeling based on length of time and the fact Pep has achieved so much.

There was a similar feeling 2 years ago, however it was always felt Pep wanted a CL so would not leave before then.

At the moment Pep does not make a decision until the second international break of the season and talks are scheduled for then.

The question we have is what will Pep’s thoughts be then and truth is that people close to Pep can guess, but he himself will not know until that point.

The comment closer to leaving, did not mean he was close but more he is not doing another 8 years.

My advice for all blues is to get behind him, the club back him and the players respond to him.

Be interesting to know how the charges play out in all of this.

Been hearing this is not true, as far as no decision made and it is a general feeling based on length of time and the fact Pep has achieved so much.

There was a similar feeling 2 years ago, however it was always felt Pep wanted a CL so would not leave before then.

At the moment Pep does not make a decision until the second international break of the season and talks are scheduled for then.

The question we have is what will Pep’s thoughts be then and truth is that people close to Pep can guess, but he himself will not know until that point.

The comment closer to leaving, did not mean he was close but more he is not doing another 8 years.

My advice for all blues is to get behind him, the club back him and the players respond to him.

No the decision HAS been made because txiki is retiring at 60 and soriano going to NYCFC as vice president. It has leaked out early and so now it’s stage managed for a bit to make it look like pep is mullingbit over.

People inside the club got an indication mid February club was going to be ok on the charges. That allows for the succession planning to take place. New York been part of the plan for a long time.

No the decision HAS been made because txiki is retiring at 60 and soriano going to NYCFC as vice president. It has leaked out early and so now it’s stage managed for a bit to make it look like pep is mullingbit over.

People inside the club got an indication mid February club was going to be ok on the charges. That allows for the succession planning to take place. New York been part of the plan for a long time.
Where is this certitude coming from? Do you have a real source?

Personally, I think Pep extends and rebuilds this team.

All the ITKs can now stand down. What’s the news on the transfer front Pottsy

A fairly large refresh this summer with a mix of top quality and superb young talent will do the club a huge lot of good and give Baldy a new challenge.

I still maintain he would want at least one more Champions league title before he left and I am not sure where he would go at this present time if he left us.

For all we have achieved under him, I still think we can improve, I would love to see a few seasons of incredible attacking football ala the Sane, Sterling, Kun and KDB peak years, that was a side that was so good on the eye.This last season has been superb in winning the title but for me slightly dull football.

Talk of NYCFC seems premature, the MLS is a retirement home and not befitting of a coach with a lot still to offer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.