Pep's contract situation

A fairly large refresh this summer with a mix of top quality and superb young talent will do the club a huge lot of good and give Baldy a new challenge.

I still maintain he would want at least one more Champions league title before he left and I am not sure where he would go at this present time if he left us.

For all we have achieved under him, I still think we can improve, I would love to see a few seasons of incredible attacking football ala the Sane, Sterling, Kun and KDB peak years, that was a side that was so good on the eye.This last season has been superb in winning the title but for me slightly dull football.

Talk of NYCFC seems premature, the MLS is a retirement home and not befitting of a coach with a lot still to offer.
Our dominance has made many of our Premier League games defence vs attack. I suspect a part of your feelings about our game is as much about the opponents' resolute commitment to anti-football, low-block, look for a set-piece style as the only way to beat us. We face it so often and play around it game after game.

Watching Nasal lose at the French Open should remind everyone that legends lose their juice at some point.

Pep just needs to lie in the shade for at least a year after his time is done with City.

I'm fried after these nine years, so goodness knows how Pep must feel being in charge of it all!!

I actually think the time is nearing where the fanbase needs a reset? I've smelt it even from myself.

Left right on the whistle at Wembley, didn't go to the parade...

I appreciate Pep and the team so much, but I'm starting to crave chicken rather than guaranteed steak every night :(

I want to keep winning everything but maybe in a different way and style, have more risk to our play?

I came away from Wembley and three hours later I was home and over it.

Losing to United in a Cup Final and over it? That's not me, it should never be me.
Be careful what you are wishing for?
How do someone replace the best of all time?
99.99 percent chance it will be a downgrade.
Fergie did it for more than 25 years. Why cant pep replicate that?
In fact i am worried. Not only because pep is going. But also because ferran and Tixi might go as well. And also because media and other clubs want pep to go. They will be successful as well. I don't want them to be victorious.

No the decision HAS been made because txiki is retiring at 60 and soriano going to NYCFC as vice president. It has leaked out early and so now it’s stage managed for a bit to make it look like pep is mullingbit over.

People inside the club got an indication mid February club was going to be ok on the charges. That allows for the succession planning to take place. New York been part of the plan for a long time.

We are one leaky club, that's for damn sure.

Our dominance has made many of our Premier League games defence vs attack. I suspect a part of your feelings about our game is as much about the opponents' resolute commitment to anti-football, low-block, look for a set-piece style as the only way to beat us. We face it so often and play around it game after game.
Agree but I think we can still improve, we are easy to defend against and have become predictable, Doku apart.

Agree but I think we can still improve, we are easy to defend against and have become predictable, Doku apart.
I hope that will change in the new season. I think the last ten games were about just winning games, almost at the expense of excitement. I think that is why the team selection was so consistent, especially with Walker and Bernardo and KDB. I would love to see Oscar Bobb given more game time because of his ability to see the pass and deliver it - the kind of pass that splits those low blocks and creates havoc. With little space to run in to, I think it is going to be about a player's ability to beat a man one on one, and also the ability to deliver killer passes.

I hope that will change in the new season. I think the last ten games were about just winning games, almost at the expense of excitement. I think that is why the team selection was so consistent, especially with Walker and Bernardo and KDB. I would love to see Oscar Bobb given more game time because of his ability to see the pass and deliver it - the kind of pass that splits those low blocks and creates havoc. With little space to run in to, I think it is going to be about a player's ability to beat a man one on one, and also the ability to deliver killer passes.
Sometimes you have to draw teams out and then hit them hard on the break, but we don't have the players to do that.

We are very susceptible to pace ourselves on the counter and that defiantly seeds sorting.

If de zerbi isn’t in a job by august then we must assume we’ve bought him out of his contract?
Sorry, but anyone that thinks like this ^

No the decision HAS been made because txiki is retiring at 60 and soriano going to NYCFC as vice president. It has leaked out early and so now it’s stage managed for a bit to make it look like pep is mullingbit over.

People inside the club got an indication mid February club was going to be ok on the charges. That allows for the succession planning to take place. New York been part of the plan for a long time.
Can not possibly be in any kind of position to 'know' anything like this ^

A fairly large refresh this summer with a mix of top quality and superb young talent will do the club a huge lot of good and give Baldy a new challenge.

I still maintain he would want at least one more Champions league title before he left and I am not sure where he would go at this present time if he left us.

For all we have achieved under him, I still think we can improve, I would love to see a few seasons of incredible attacking football ala the Sane, Sterling, Kun and KDB peak years, that was a side that was so good on the eye.This last season has been superb in winning the title but for me slightly dull football.

Talk of NYCFC seems premature, the MLS is a retirement home and not befitting of a coach with a lot still to offer.

It would be nice if we added a crack type player this summer wouldn’t it? We have room in our budgets and it would be nice to add a Musiala type player to send the message out to not only the premier league and the likes of Madrid who just seem to be able to entice world stars we aren’t going anywhere and have that pull now

Been hearing this is not true, as far as no decision made and it is a general feeling based on length of time and the fact Pep has achieved so much.

There was a similar feeling 2 years ago, however it was always felt Pep wanted a CL so would not leave before then.

At the moment Pep does not make a decision until the second international break of the season and talks are scheduled for then.

The question we have is what will Pep’s thoughts be then and truth is that people close to Pep can guess, but he himself will not know until that point.

The comment closer to leaving, did not mean he was close but more he is not doing another 8 years.

My advice for all blues is to get behind him, the club back him and the players respond to him.

Be interesting to know how the charges play out in all of this.

I've heard fuck all, but this is pretty much exactly what I think. Just based on what Pep has been saying, what he has been like, and what we have previously seen happen.

Pep likes a bit of a new challenge every so often. Whether that is 'arsenal's message' that he kept mentioning, sustaining a hunger, the charges, or (if there is any truth to it whatsoever) doing it without tixiki and ferran, hope he finds one that makes him want to stay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.