Pep's contract situation

Haha ah right thought u meant as in millions of pounds we'd spend on players. I clearly got the wrong end of the stick there. that'll teach me to post on here whilst drunk

Hahaha. That's too funny. There's been too many mornings I've woken up thinking what did I post last night and how many alerts do I have today lol.

You're good though. Any post is a good post as far as I see it :-)

The days of any team dominating the PL are long gone i'm afraid. No team has managed to retain it in the last 6 years. It's harder to retain it than win it. I expect all the other top 6 to improve next season.

Liverpool look like they are sorting out there defensive frailties. If they sign a new GK they will be a real threat as plenty of goals in the team.
Spurs will be looking to make there new stadium a fortress. If they win the FA Cup can see this being a springboard for them to move to the next level.
Rags play shit football but are 2nd. If they get Sanchez & Pogba back on form will be very dangerous.
Arsenal will vastly improve when Wenger's gone. The signs are that this will be at the end of the season.
Chelsea will likely have a new manager too. Looking like they will miss out on the CL & can't see them taking the EL seriously. Would expect Roman will be spending big in the Summer & they will concentrate on the PL.
I think those days are back!!!

Liverpool are the best bet, a couple of players and they could be challenging but, and it’s a big but, they will cost a few bob and the defensive frailties come from defending as a team, a bit like us last season.
We will get a few players to freshen up the team, the best way. Liverpool of old added a player or two every season keeping the team competitive
The rest will either have to spend an absolute fortune or get incredibly lucky buying up and coming players.

All these teams have to do then, is get a manager to compete tactically with Pep.
Where to start with arsenal and Wenger, so not going to bother.

If Pep signs a longer contract, it will be a sad day for everyone....bar city.

Strongly disagree, everything i see with my own eyes show we are set to do exactly that. Even if others improved and we did nothing there would still be a gap as Pep drills them more. Pep will not stagnate though going of how he operates. The others can do what they like, they make get the odd title or fa cup but all in all we look set to dominate for a while to come.
I don't know mate. Half of me agrees with you, and the other half remembers the Dortmund side under Klopp when they came to the Etihad and played what I think was the best football I've ever seen from an opposing team. 38 games unbeaten the the Bundesliga and two back to back league titles? If LIverpool do sort their defence out, they may give us serious run for our money.

I can't see United challenging for anything. Sure they'll be in the top 4, but their whole club is in a mess. A manager who patently doesn't have his heart in it; a club that feels pretty much the same about him, I would imagine; no long-term vision or strategy, just ad hoc "quick fixes" that don't actually fix much. They are screwed for the next 3 or 4 years at least, imo.

Having a fit Mendy most of next season will improve us significantly. Any club trying to close the gap will soon realise we have got even better. Added to that will be a defensive midfielder and an attacking winger. We will rotate without any significant drop in standards, and post world cup this will keep our fitness levels up while others will flounder.

Barring extreme bad luck I'll be amazed if we don't retain the title next season.

I don't know mate. Half of me agrees with you, and the other half remembers the Dortmund side under Klopp when they came to the Etihad and played what I think was the best football I've ever seen from an opposing team. 38 games unbeaten the the Bundesliga and two back to back league titles? If LIverpool do sort their defence out, they may give us serious run for our money.

I can't see United challenging for anything. Sure they'll be in the top 4, but their whole club is in a mess. A manager who patently doesn't have his heart in it; a club that feels pretty much the same about him, I would imagine; no long-term vision or strategy, just ad hoc "quick fixes" that don't actually fix much. They are screwed for the next 3 or 4 years at least, imo.
If we win 2 titles and a Champs League in those 4 yrs i will be happy as fook

Whats the reckoning the in the first 8 games next season will see us play Everton away, Arsenal away and Chelsea at home while rags and Bin dippers will have an easier start.
Also because of the world cup we wont have any pre season. They wont want Pep and us flying out of the blocks again.

Whats the reckoning the in the first 8 games next season will see us play Everton away, Arsenal away and Chelsea at home while rags and Bin dippers will have an easier start.
Also because of the world cup we wont have any pre season. They wont want Pep and us flying out of the blocks again.
Because of the World Cup everyone won't have a proper pre season. Rest assured our English lads will be back to etihad early enough !

yhp, they're going to handpick our schedule next season to make it the hardest imaginable to try and scupper us.

yhp, they're going to handpick our schedule next season to make it the hardest imaginable to try and scupper us.

giphy.gif
Season then....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.