Pep's contract situation

Whoever replaces Pep will have a really hard time - there could well be problems with the dressing room, the scouting network, intolerable pressure in the media, unreasonably high expectations from the fans etc etc

Far better to get someone in who’s expendable, someone who has no chance of succeeding, somebody totally out of their depth, a man totally unfit for purpose whose sole reason for being there is to act as a figurehead just to let a year or two pass by so the club can reset itself for life post Pep.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you Erik Ten Hag

We will be losing many players in the next season regardless if Pep stays or not.

Walker, Bernardo, KDB, Gundo all very near their end of their time with us.
The one advantage of this is we may be able to attract some high quality players, the likes of whom may have been hesitant to come here in previous years as they knew they would be behind some Pep favorites in terms of selection.

I’d be very happy with Amorim or Alonso.

Inzaghi has done well at Inter too but rarely gets a mention. Quite attacking too.

Lots of Blues won’t like it but I wouldn’t mind Arteta either.
Inter are really interesting to watch under Inzaghi.

Fuck Arteta, he’s an absolute ****. Thankfully he wouldn’t come back to us anyway.

Inter are really interesting to watch under Inzaghi.

Fuck Arteta, he’s an absolute ****. Thankfully he wouldn’t come back to us anyway.

Inzaghi would be my number one choice.

Been successful at a huge club like Inter, handled the pressure of managing such a huge club and dealt with a very demanding media.

Been successful beyond expectations, proven himself tactically adept and plays attacking football.

Part of me has felt the 115 verdict was perhaps also informing his eventual dedecision.

I disagree. It is an obvious thing to hook onto, but I think people that think this are looking at it through the prism of their own personalities. Rather than Pep's that he has shown us time and time again.

Watching that press conference wonder if behind the scenes City are sounding out people and if they are available next season, say they want Alonso but he’s said no until 26/27, City go to Pep and tell him, so he agrees to one year extension, if they say there’s no one available he also signs so they have more time. Alternatively Alonso says yes to next season they tell Pep so he agrees to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.