Pep's contract situation

Never understood the immediate pressure that the media generate that Pep ‘must win the CL’.

In England 3-4 other teams have realistic ambitions of winning the league title.

Those English clubs also want to win the CL, as do Juventus, Atletico, Barca, Madrid, Munich, and PSG.

Pisscan won it twice in 26 years, Chelsea once since takeover - it’s a trophy that takes tremendous mental fortitude to win but also you need a fair bit of luck/fair officiating.
Point taken but the dippers got to two consecutive finals Pep has not managed a semi yet and if Saturday is anything to go by it won't be happening anytime soon.

I disagree. The players are paid to do what the manager requires them to do. The formula is proven to work, it is up to the players to implement it. Time and time again, for example, we have squandered chances created by the system we play when certain players have failed to convert them. Change those players and you are looking at an entirely different outcome and no-one would be questionning the tactics or the manager.
Managers manage, players play.
The goal chances we squander shows the managers plan works, the easy misses are down to the players. When they stop listening they have to go.

That's all fine and well, but you are trying to suggest that our owner must be getting fed up, which is rightly being called out for what it is, shit.
Fed up with the CL failures, not fed up with owning the club. Apologies if I didn't articulate that well enough. I've absolutely no doubt he isn't fed up with owning us and will be here for decades to come mate.

If the players have stopped responding to the manager's tactics, particularly when that manager is the best in the world, you change the players.

Sometimes, that means selling a player who seems to be untouchable and using the money to refresh the squad or recruit players to whom the manager's tactics are new.
Not with a year on his contract you dont

Point taken but the dippers got to two consecutive finals Pep has not managed a semi yet and if Saturday is anything to go by it won't be happening anytime soon.
So they did, they also failed to win the league for 30 years whereas we’ve won it 4 times in the last decade. What are we measuring success by here?

Fed up with the CL failures, not fed up with owning the club. Apologies if I didn't articulate that well enough. I've absolutely no doubt he isn't fed up with owning us and will be here for decades to come mate.
OK well now you've cleared that up, you'll probably get a bit less flak, however your comment came over to me that way, hence my earlier sarcastic reply.

OK well now you've cleared that up, you'll probably get a bit less flak, however your comment came over to me that way, hence my earlier sarcastic reply.
Understood mate - to anyone else who read the earlier comment (which I will edit if I figure out how!) I would never suggest our owner wants to do one. It's a long, long term project and we are lucky to be in that enviable position.

The scoreboard read Lyon 3 City 1. We didn't create enough end of discussion. What big chances did we have between the goal and Sterlings miss?
Expect goals stat were City 3 Lyon 0.9
It was the inability to convert chances and the inability to defend Lyon’s chances Just like all the defeats this season and in fact most under Pep The rags suffered exactly the same last night Imagine how many goals Sterling in particular would have if he had convert more of the chances he should have done
Of course the only stat that matters is the scoreboard but expected goals does illustrate more We didnt create many chances but, the ones we did in the sceond hald were good ones In the first half we got behind their defence and created oppotunities unfortuantely most involved Raz and as he often does he makes the wrong decision

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.