Pep's contract situation

This thread continues to bliw my mind, with so mamy literally parroting fucking ferdinand and macmanaman.

'Regressed', 'questions need asked' , 'failed in Europe ' cliche of choice.

What have we regressed to. And from what stance? From the highest of standards, set by, Pep. Have we regressed to any worse or even near to where we were when he took over? heck hsve we ever had it better?

Europe, whether you dont care for it or have had yourself convinced it is the be-all of holy grails, it is a cup competition with huge swings on the timiest of margins. It isn't easy to win, clubs take years to win them and with the exception of madrid, never back to back. Chelsea took over a decade of top investment and 12 managers to win it, by ironically the unlikeliest unexpected candidate. If pep can't hack it in europe, how many managers do you tgink genuinely can.

Questions need asked, have you watched a khaldoon interview, or even a pep one? they get asked every year! geezo, drop the claim that he does what he wants without any scrutiny. He even opens the questioning up to players, as seen in various behind the scenes footage. Just last week we beat r.madrid ffs, something we couldn't manage before.

he is the best man for the job, there isnt anyone better, a chamge out of frustration achieves nothing.

If the players have stopped responding to the manager's tactics, particularly when that manager is the best in the world, you change the players.

Sometimes, that means selling a player who seems to be untouchable and using the money to refresh the squad or recruit players to whom the manager's tactics are new.

The best manager in English football history won only 2 champions leagues in 26 years. One on a penalty shoot out against an okay Chelsea side and one as a result of a crazy 2 minutes spell after being dominated the whole game by an average Bayern team.

Talk of Poch is insultingly mental. We would genuinely be better off getting Manuel back if we were going to do that.

Why not stick with the manager that won us the only treble in history, the only 100point season in history, the second 98 point season in history and just the 3 consecutive league cups?
The issue is raised by the expiry of his contract.

No one at City will want him to start next season with a coach set to leave at the end of the season.

Pep's management of City is a success overall but this season was not, and managers are not a constant...see Jose Mourinho. I'd on balance prefer him to extend his deal but if he didn't want to do so, I'd expect City to consider all options. In reality with the new season weeks away they are limited.

What's clear after this season is that Pep is not untouchable or unquestionable. That should never be the case anyway.

If the players have stopped responding to the manager's tactics, particularly when that manager is the best in the world, you change the players.

Sometimes, that means selling a player who seems to be untouchable and using the money to refresh the squad or recruit players to whom the manager's tactics are new.
If the players stop responding to the manager it's because the manager is not the best manager. Leaders lose respect if their solutions don't work.

An efficient side's job is to create attacking situations, convert these to chances and then convert the chances.
Which we often don't, and then we have games where we put nearly every chance away, it's very frustrating.

On Saturday I texted my son after 20 minutes that I thought we were going out, then they scored, you can tell which City it is in the first 15-20 minutes of most games. If we haven't taken a chance by then we seem to start over trying, and then we over commit, and end up conceding.

It's happened in most games we've lost all season, and we've started well in many of them. The first 10 were OK on Saturday, but we created little, Lyon were content for us to play it around at the back, and only engaged us in their half, and invariably we went back and started again. Their out ball when they won it back was over the top of Walker to their left, and up against Fernandhino, and if he didn't foul, they made it look like he had.

If the players stop responding to the manager it's because the manager is not the best manager. Leaders lose respect if their solutions don't work.

I disagree. The players are paid to do what the manager requires them to do. The formula is proven to work, it is up to the players to implement it. Time and time again, for example, we have squandered chances created by the system we play when certain players have failed to convert them. Change those players and you are looking at an entirely different outcome and no-one would be questionning the tactics or the manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.