Pep's contract situation

If the players stop responding to the manager it's because the manager is not the best manager. Leaders lose respect if their solutions don't work.
Not always true.
Look at how many chances we create vs how many we put away. It's clear as day that pep's tactics still work but if Sterling can't put the ball in the net from a moth's pube away from the net then it's not his fault is it?

Pep has shown faith in his players, how have the players shown faith in pep?

Well at the end I want Pep to stay but the question is whether we need new ideas, motivation, different approach...
Could just be as simple as this , do you think of pep would have won the champions league this year would have left ?
I think he may have .
His pride and loyalty to the club may keep him here a couple more seasons , he’ll be desperate to win the champions league for us and himself .
I just hope his hearts still in it , he’s looked tired this season and hasn’t looked like he’s had the bit between his teeth like in 17/18 and 18/19 .
5 years is a long time at a club nowadays , especially someone who demands the intensity that pep does .
I would never ask for him to be sacked , he’s been amazing for us , but good things come to an end , and I don’t really see pep staying past next season .

Not with a year on his contract you dont
It would have been interesting to see if Sane would have signed a contract extension with us IF Pep was leaving.

I have a feeling he would.

It also worries me that if Pep stays, Bernardo will be gone.

Seems one, or two, players are starting to question the managers ability to win us Europes biggest prize.

Could be papers making shit up.However i have never seen KDB look so frustrated the other night.He looked ready to blow a Fuse.

Seems one or two players were as suprised as us with Pep system change,and were confused by it.

I think we are all adult enought to accept "Pep" and Pep alone is the reason we were knocked out by an average french side.

So if we are frustrated,you can bet players are also.

It is not a one off either, it is 4 Seasons on the trot that he has got it wrong in the Champions League.

Monaco away we had a healthy lead and could of just played out a bore draw in the away leg to progress.We go there so open we conceed for fun and are unbelievably knocked out.Pep said afterwards he will never,ever,compromise the way he Plays,attack,attack,attack.

Liverpool this one for me was the worst of the fucking lot.Anfield first leg.Not a City fan alive didnt excpet a Klopp Blitzkrieg to try and overwhem us.Other than fucking Pep.That 2 legged tie was over in the first Leg.All we had to do was keep it tight take the Sting out of the Blitzkrieg,Let the scousers tire them selves out.Maybe nick an away goal late.2nd leg we valliantly tried to recover,but the damage was done in the first leg.

Spurs away KDB on the Bench.Say no more on that one.i mean really.Again every City plan alive knew not scoring an away goal would put us out.So it proved.Sure we missed a penalty that night.Not starting KDB was criminal.

Now we can add Lyon to the list.Not even a good side.An average mid table French side.The only way they could win the other night was by Pep changing our system completely.He duly obliges by confusing the whole team,by changing the system from our usual 4-3-3.And by us making our now customary 2,3, calamitous in game fuck ups for them to capitalise on.So again we duly oblige.Many are blaming Kyle Walker,it was the system change that caused him not to know what the fuck to do.Him and fernandinho were to blame.

I know in some Eyes Pep can do no wrong.

He delivered us back to back Titles playing some of the best attacking football i have ever watched.

Personally if i had to choose, i would take that every season over the Champions League.

I am not our owners though.They want this prestegious Trophy.And they deserve it.If it had not been for Pep brain farts in Europe,i think we would have won it last year,and quite possibly have made a Semi-final this year.

Pep has done well in the Premier League.But been shockingly bad in Europe.That is not talking bollocks,thats a reality.

And it is Champions League what our owners want.Add our name to an elite band of Clubs that have won it.

If the players stop responding to the manager it's because the manager is not the best manager. Leaders lose respect if their solutions don't work.
It's the same in every work place, once the trust and respect has gone, it's over.

I disagree. The players are paid to do what the manager requires them to do. The formula is proven to work, it is up to the players to implement it. Time and time again, for example, we have squandered chances created by the system we play when certain players have failed to convert them. Change those players and you are looking at an entirely different outcome and no-one would be questionning the tactics or the manager.

Which players who miss chances would you sell?

Never understood the immediate pressure that the media generate that Pep ‘must win the CL’.

In England 3-4 other teams have realistic ambitions of winning the league title.

Those English clubs also want to win the CL, as do Juventus, Atletico, Barca, Madrid, Munich, and PSG.

Pisscan won it twice in 26 years, Chelsea once since takeover - it’s a trophy that takes tremendous mental fortitude to win but also you need a fair bit of luck/fair officiating.
I am not sure the club put pressure on him to win it, but I think they will be deeply unhappy at losing to Lyon in the quarters.
If we had got through and lost to Bayern in the semis , I think club and fan base would have accept that, as long as we had gone down all guns blazing.
It was the manner of the defeat on Saturday that was hard to take, we are so much of a better team than we showed.

I would also add, I think it's time the club told Pep to stop playing down our "European pedigree", he constantly states we are not read, not a major European player, it pisses me off, and after hundreds of millions of investment , I want HRH to ask when the ***k will you be ready?

Last edited:
Pep to me has looked tired this season and I don't think it can have been very enjoyable given that Liverpool were evidently going to win the league from very early on. We had the injuries too. And all City fans were dragged through the UEFA / CAS mill which placed the club under constant scrutiny.

I thought a few days ago he might want to take a break because he gives so much mental energy. Watch him during games. It's exhausting. he must be seriously drained.

On the other hand losing to Lyon might drive him on towards wanting to win the CL at City and winning the Premier League again?

I think it's rubbish too.

The idea that City's owners are fixated on the Champions League and the coach must win the CL all stems from the soft power nonsense that Abu Dhabi bought City as a vehicle to win the Champions League.

Obviously the owners want the club to be successful and the benchmark is trophies but not necessarily the Champions League. I would like City to challenge strongly for it. I love the competition against the world's best sides, the drama and the quality and it's frustrating we keep falling short but it is only one aspect of the season.
I thought he and for that matter all the players looked tired this season, the toll of wining the four trophies, particularly the Premier the season before was enormous.
We needed a serious refresh at the end of that season, it did not happen and the damage was obvious from early season.

If we had got through and lost to Bayern in the semis , I think club and fan base would have accept that, as long as we had gone down all guns blazing.
It was the manner of the defeat on Saturday that was hard to take, we are so much of a better team than we showed.

That's it in a nutshell for me. No shame in defeat to Lyon, who played well and were clinical when they had their chances. It's just that it seemed like the team selection was the equivalent of curling up in a ball in the corner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.