Pep's contract situation

Honestly, I'd prefer a change of manager next season. This isn't me saying "Pep out" and I'm hardly going to kick off if he renews but things have been a bit stagnant for a year now and I don't really see any reason why that's about to change.

Either way, I'm chilled. I get the feeling he already knows he's leaving in the summer and even if he's not made his mind up, I'm sure Txiki and co. will be the first to know as soon as he does so I'm not really sure why there are people demanding he makes a decision publicly right this minute.

But I will say that if this rolls over into February/ March and he's still not made his choice then we need to take that decision out of his hands.

I'm sure those behind the scenes are much, much further along with the planning then they'd let on.

Honestly, I'd prefer a change of manager next season. This isn't me saying "Pep out" and I'm hardly going to kick off if he renews but things have been a bit stagnant for a year now and I don't really see any reason why that's about to change.

Either way, I'm chilled. I get the feeling he already knows he's leaving in the summer and even if he's not made his mind up, I'm sure Txiki and co. will be the first to know as soon as he does so I'm not really sure why there are people demanding he makes a decision publicly right this minute.

But I will say that if this rolls over into February/ March and he's still not made his choice then we need to take that decision out of his hands.

I'm sure those behind the scenes are much, much further along with the planning then they'd let on.

February/March I’d give him till end of November to make his mind up! He said he wanted to see how the players respond well he should know now or at least in the next month if he just said that to drag the season out till last month or two of the season That’s not right and the club shouldn’t be letting it happen.

Do you believe everything people say in the media? Nobody can be certain it won’t happen. In 2015, Mourinho said he’d never manage Spurs because he loves Chelsea too much. Pretty sure he wears their cockerel on his chest. Circumstances change and in football, very quickly. I don’t know if they’ll be successful in taking Pep in the summer, but we can’t rule it out.

I believe it because it's something he's been saying repetitively for 8 years, with really well thought out answers in papers, press conferences, documentaries all sorts. He's spoken about how the pressure of managing Barcelona was much, much worse than any other club because it's *his* club. And how he would like to go back as a head of la masia where he could relax and work deleloping kids without all the negative parts of being a Barca manager.

I believe it because he's said that what motivates him is seeing his football work in different countries, and he's already been there, done that in Spain...yet he's not done Italy yet.

I believe it because I know Barcelona are in a terrible situation, and Bartomeu walking out the door doesn't fix the team, or the debt.

It's just nothing like Mourinho saying he wouldn't manage Spurs, and then after failing and being fired from 3 jobs in a row, taking the best offer he was going to get.

I see a reason.He is rebuilding a team,he isn't far off having the best defence in the league IMO,and our attack,when all are fit,is as good as anyone's too.The only issue is defensive midfield,and while i dont think its poor enough to stop us winning the league,i'm sure he is as aware as anyone of what is needed there to improve us further.

Couple that with our very exciting academy talents,and Pep has plenty to get his teeth into.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.