Pep's contract situation

If Pep was leaving he would have said so by now, he did at Barce & Bayern. He says he loves it here and to stay he's got to deserve it, that's enough for me.

City will sit down with him in the summer and hopefully Pep will see to our new new transition phase and sign another few years.

At least this is what I hope.

no he didnt

Barca it was just before the cup final

Bayern it was January, possibly after Pellegrini said he was leaving

At least we won't have long to wait for an answer. It'll be questions 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 in tomorrows press conference

Pep is a Barcelona legend, a God, with an incredible legacy.

He was a great coach but he also had incredible world class players at his disposal including the outstanding Iniesta and Xavi as well as the greatest player of all time Messi.

Those 3 at their peak, all in the same side.

Barcelona now are a hugely different proposition.

Messi is about to enter the dying embers of his career, the other 2 are gone, and Barca are a fucking shadow of who they were.

They are clearly skint as well, so there'll be very little chance of them buying their way back to their former levels.

I think Pep is too smart and too self aware to go back there and risk damaging that legacy.
I agree totally. By any normal commercial assessment Barcelona FC is a totally insolvent business. Pep would be mad to go back there in the current situation and tarnish his legacy. He may or may not be staying with us, but I cannot see him going to Barca when there arse is hanging out of their pants, so to speak.

I agree totally. By any normal commercial assessment Barcelona FC is a totally insolvent business. Pep would be mad to go back there in the current situation and tarnish his legacy. He may or may not be staying with us, but I cannot see him going to Barca when there arse is hanging out of their pants, so to speak.
problem is while he's not signed a new contract their is going to be speculation. And any dip in form like early season will be attributed to the contract uncertainty. Good results and it may fade away as an issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.