Pep's contract situation

And I see one barrel paper are already running with who pep wants to take with him to Barcelona. Kdb, foden, dias, ederson and zinchenko, apparently.
What have Barca got to offer Foden more than City have, it will not be wages.

Who would want to live in Barcelona. Most live in at best flats, it is not that great a place. I have been more than a few times, caught up in the romance of it all, after a few times you see it for what it is. Just another typical city.

Here he can be an icon, go where he wants and when he wants.

Walk down the supposed beach area of Barcelona, it is a shit hole

Pep Guardiola: "If the manager has to motivate he's over. The desire to play good, help the team, feel important, be decisive: this comes inside themselves. We suggest ideas but playing every three days I can't make a speech. They love football..." [via
@ManCityMEN

Positive...

Very positive!

Consistent. With himself, and with Khaldoon. I personally don't need any more beyond that. When the time and performances are right, he will sign i believe. If they are not, both he and the club will wait till they are right. If it doesn't work out that way, both will look for sonething new at the natural end of his contract.

great to hear !

I have a feeling its all been agreed upon. Just that , maybe Pep wants to announce in more favorable circumstances , maybe after a good run of games. He wants to earn an extension , rather have it handed out to him

Statement from pep will upset some people on here, not me made up if he stays another 5 years.
He has said the same for ages tbf to him , he is just covering his bases i reckon , he wont be pushed into it by blues or the media , come jan if we have a good run of games he might sign or he might wait and see if we win the carabo again

Was thinking about this before and a difficult and understated part of the job he’s had to deal with is the transition from the old guard.

Hart, Zabaleta, Yaya, Kompany & Silva have all moved on under Pep, and Aguero & Fernandinho will move on in the next year or two as well.

Winning without these players was almost unthinkable at one point and maybe everyone hasn’t twigged to how difficult this sort of transition can be.

With a new striker, a left back and perhaps another midfielder added to the squad then I think Pep will be well on his way to have created a team which doesn’t ever need to rely on any of those greats.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.