Pep's Options.

He'll do his national team stint as it appears to be on his checklist then I think there is a small chance he might come back here if the spanish boys are still around, otherwise he's done and I don't think he'll manage another club after us.

I could see him maybe doing something higher up the chain at a boardroom level out of the limelight. he could do txiki's role as DoF either here or elsewhere. The only problem I forsee with that is the media driven pressure for him to go back into management if whatever club he's at isn't performing.

I don't believe pep's close to the end here yet. Expect a new contract of an extra year or 2 and possibly even another after that.
I reckon the Spanish contingency will all leave en masse

Last edited:
Reactions: PPT
He'll probably have a mini break. Barcelona is a possibilty but currently they are still not the most stable of clubs.

Pep is 53. I'd imagine he'll probably have a clear retirement window and won't want to be one of these guys managing in their sixties. He comes across as a family man and I suspect Mrs Guardiola probably has a big say in when he packs everything in.

It seems the family are settled here but I note his youngest daughter is 16. Assuming she's at school in the UK I'd expect Pep to stay until she's finished (so age 18) and then she can go off to university or whatever and Pep may decide that's the time to move on.

The talks of england coach is banana. FA simply cannot afford the wage for Pep and his team. Even though Pep can take a volunteering pay cut I don't see his assistants willing to take the peanuts. They can easily find a good pay position at many clubs.

Pep is 53. I'd imagine he'll probably have a clear retirement window and won't want to be one of these guys managing in their sixties. He comes across as a family man and I suspect Mrs Guardiola probably has a big say in when he packs everything in.

It seems the family are settled here but I note his youngest daughter is 16. Assuming she's at school in the UK I'd expect Pep to stay until she's finished (so age 18) and then she can go off to university or whatever and Pep may decide that's the time to move on.
Pep's wife and their youngest daughter are living in Barcelona.

He spends most of his time away from his family, he is incredibly intense and probably difficult to be around long term.

He won't be retiring anytime soon, that would literally kill him, work and intense work is his drug.

Pep's wife and their youngest daughter are living in Barcelona.
He spends most of his time away from his family, he is incredibly intense and probably difficult to be around long term.

He won't be retiring anytime soon, that would literally kill him, work and intense work is his drug.
Thanks for the clarification gents - I genuinely didn't know that.

On the Chelsea post match a post said Pep once said he stays as long as the players will run for him and referenced his reaction to Kev post game on the pitch
Pep post match interview he said much the same that the whole squad is one big family and the key point which no one in the media wants to pick up on was he actually said “why do you think I’m still here after 9 years”
Yesterday was a early signal that as long as the squad is happy he ain’t going anywhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.