Pep's Press Conference | Reaction to CAS Verdict | Video (Pg 11) | Embargo (pg 57), Video (pg 58)

So when you said "everyone" is angry because of sexism, who is "everyone"? Because like about 5 posters have told almost no one knows who she is. None of the angry opposition fans, none of the media.

I really have no idea where you're going with this. You're not suggesting that other clubs' boardrooms are angry that a female lawyer headed up our defence more than because a massive rival just got a huge boost and avoided disaster?
I actually said

I wonder how much of everyone's annoyance that we got off is because Monica did it,women involved in football and all that

There is sexism in football,there is sexism on here,it is quite possible in the legal circles where there are men who hates being beaten by a women

Make of that what you will

Where does this leave the PL enquiry if that is not affected by time barring?

I actually said

I wonder how much of everyone's annoyance that we got off is because Monica did it,women involved in football and all that

There is sexism in football,there is sexism on here,it is quite possible in the legal circles where there are men who hates being beaten by a women

Make of that what you will

Who is everyone?

I obviously really enjoyed hearing someone stick up for the club as a fan, but it's all ultimately meaningless on its own.

The media laugh at it, the other clubs will look at the media for their cue on how to react. Unless there's action behind the words it's all just a nod to City fans.

If @Prestwich_Blue 's shitstorm was ever going to happen, it would be now.

I have wanted the club to go on the offensive on this issue for a long time. I didn’t expect that offensive to be a one-man band type assault from our manager. I get that he is passionate and I love that but I think the club should be handling this and not him. It won’t achieve anything because other fans/media et al think we (the club) are cheats and we (the fans) are batshit crazy for believing we are not cheats. The only response I expect to see in the media and from other fans is along the lines of “Pep has lost it”.

I have wanted the club to go on the offensive on this issue for a long time. I didn’t expect that offensive to be a one-man band type assault from our manager. I get that he is passionate and I love that but I think the club should be handling this and not him. It won’t achieve anything because other fans/media et al think we (the club) are cheats and we (the fans) are batshit crazy for believing we are not cheats. The only response I expect to see in the media and from other fans is along the lines of “Pep has lost it”.

It's also reminiscent of how Pep quit Barcelona after feeling like he was having to spend half his time defending the club, himself and the board in the press every week.

This kind of stuff is what lead to his burnout and sabbatical in NY, it absolutely has to be a one off thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.