Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

I fucking love him.

I've never watched press conferences on a regular basis with past managers but I'm hanging on every word.

Every stupid question is rightfully slapped down, but in a polite way.

So interesting his words on De Bruyne. He says Kevin chooses the right thing to do every single time - which way to turn, whether to pass first time or take a touch, to shoot or to try and assist - every time he makes the right decision. I loved it when Pep said "I'm lucky to have him".

Also interesting to hear his praise on Sterling and the reduction in social media.
After the game mid-week he said referring to Gundogen "I'd like to thank Txiki for buying him for me" as if he was a special birthday gift, he has total respect from top to bottom

Love the way Pep says there is no room for complacency on the players part as long as he is here. What a manager, lucky to have him. And oh extra points for riling up the United fans, lmao

After the game mid-week he said referring to Gundogen "I'd like to thank Txiki for buying him for me" as if he was a special birthday gift, he has total respect from top to bottom
He also said that about Sterling and De Bruyne, which confirmed what we all knew: he's been involved behind the scenes for a long time. How many clubs get that? A manager influencing signings for a year before he arrives? That has to be a big reason he hit the ground running so quickly. There was some dead wood to get rid of, and he's done that brilliantly, but the core was here before he even arrived.

Makes you wonder why we signed Bony in January I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.