Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

He also said that about Sterling and De Bruyne, which confirmed what we all knew: he's been involved behind the scenes for a long time. How many clubs get that? A manager influencing signings for a year before he arrives? That has to be a big reason he hit the ground running so quickly. There was some dead wood to get rid of, and he's done that brilliantly, but the core was here before he even arrived.

Makes you wonder why we signed Bony in January I suppose.
To make all the other signings look good?

You know my thoughts on Bony even before we signed him, that signing is still a real head scratcher for me

He also said that about Sterling and De Bruyne, which confirmed what we all knew: he's been involved behind the scenes for a long time. How many clubs get that? A manager influencing signings for a year before he arrives? That has to be a big reason he hit the ground running so quickly. There was some dead wood to get rid of, and he's done that brilliantly, but the core was here before he even arrived.

It was obviously a panic buy with the injuries we had and maybe it was on Pellegrini's and/or Txiki's insistence?

To make all the other signings look good?

You know my thoughts on Bony even before we signed him, that signing is still a real head scratcher for me

Is it though? Bony was a Pellergrini signing, his 442 pairs a quick skillful No.10 along side a traditional 'english' style no.9.. Negrado was perfect foil for Augero.. obviously Negrado and Dzeko moved on so Pellers wanted to fill the gap with Bony.

Bad decision though as at the time of buying him teams were sussing put our 442 and we were moving towards a 4231 formation with Kun at the top - so the Bony signing was always going to fail because we started to play a formation he couldnt fit into.

I can see why we bought him but it was rank bad management by Pellers.

Loved pep answer about complaiceny, ive felt this has been one of our biggest problems in recent years. Players know fully well if they become complaicent they will be replaced.

So Pep hints at teams playing hoofball and the girlies on ragcafe wet their knickers. Perhaps they have forgotten about the years of insults we have had to put up with. Especially from the likes of Ferguson, small team, well thats city, forever in our shadow, never in my lifetime etc. Perhaps at his next pressy he can say "Oh, and that bunch of arrogant tossers in Trafford better get used to being nothing more than 6 points to us over the next couple of decades. "

Today in post match, one muppet asked "You are a perfectionist. Do you want to win all the 4 competitions?"

Pep went "Wtf!" and then went quiet (kind of irritated) for 10 seconds & then answered.

A classic to remember!
Didn't see this on the link attached?

We signed Bony to appease Pellegrini.

I agree that the incoming manager influencing signings before he's arrived has helped him hit the ground running but feel it must also be acknowledged that it made it more difficult for the manager at the time to exert his authority and control and the team/club suffered as a result, this is something that's largely ignored I feel.

Thanks to whoever posted the press conf links. I had read about Pep and it being said that he improves every player he coaches; on the field I have seen this to be true, and the more I hear from the guy the more I understand why, every word has significance, rarely a word wasted. I think our Board's biggest task over the next 3 years will be how to turn 3 into 6. The mind boggles about what he can achieve with some of the academy boys with the instilling of self-belief and continuous improvement. Wonderful stuff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.