Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

No doubt about it, we are the luckiest set of fans in the history of English football.

5 games in, still a tonne of learning to do, not the easiest start in terms of fixtures, and I cannot think of a single five minute spell that we have looked in trouble in any game.

Players playing with a sense of fun and adventure, players we all doubted last year (kolarov amd Stirling) looking genuinely world class, some of the previous biggest names shown the door and no negative pushback from the rest.

Still without kompany, Aguero, silva, Gundogan not yet fully fit, Sané still learning his teammates.

If we can keep these results going for the next 6 or 8 league games I can see the rest of the league starting to believe the title is over for them. Still a long way to go of course and anything could still happen, but this could be the year we win the title before the last game of the season.

And the best bit is a manager that takes no shit from the hoof it and hope tactical geniuses of the English press corps.

This could turn into a very special season.

No doubt about it, we are the luckiest set of fans in the history of English football.

5 games in, still a tonne of learning to do, not the easiest start in terms of fixtures, and I cannot think of a single five minute spell that we have looked in trouble in any game.

Players playing with a sense of fun and adventure, players we all doubted last year (kolarov amd Stirling) looking genuinely world class, some of the previous biggest names shown the door and no negative pushback from the rest.

Still without kompany, Aguero, silva, Gundogan not yet fully fit, Sané still learning his teammates.

If we can keep these results going for the next 6 or 8 league games I can see the rest of the league starting to believe the title is over for them. Still a long way to go of course and anything could still happen, but this could be the year we win the title before the last game of the season.

And the best bit is a manager that takes no shit from the hoof it and hope tactical geniuses of the English press corps.

This could turn into a very special season.

Not could. Will.

Something extremely special is happening right before our eyes. I can't quite believe how good this guy is. He has it all. It's incredible to watch. I agree with you r post completely: We will win this league by ten points. It's going to sound silly but the last time I felt this confident was the championship season under Keegan when Ali and Eyal started ripping everyone apart. I remember saying to my dad at the turn of the year "Noone's going to stop us" and I feel the same now, although of course, we are now competing for the premier league and champions league!

If I was a betting man I'd lump a shit load on is to win the league and I totally agree with you: I can see us romping it.

Give him a contract extension! 10 or so years!lol we are so good to watch at the minute the results are a bonus, man is a genius.

Not could. Will.

Something extremely special is happening right before our eyes. I can't quite believe how good this guy is. He has it all. It's incredible to watch. I agree with you r post completely: We will win this league by ten points. It's going to sound silly but the last time I felt this confident was the championship season under Keegan when Ali and Eyal started ripping everyone apart. I remember saying to my dad at the turn of the year "Noone's going to stop us" and I feel the same now, although of course, we are now competing for the premier league and champions league!

If I was a betting man I'd lump a shit load on is to win the league and I totally agree with you: I can see us romping it.

And another huge benefit

This guy could be the first manager for years that we ALL get behind. That's not a dig at you in any way, I've been guilty of getting too attached to managers, let's face it, 80-90% of this forum have got involved in the various X-manager in/out threads over the last few years, and it was getting tiresome and spoiling a great site.

It's so refreshing to see the positivity in the ground first and foremost but also on here this season. I freely admit I was one of the very few who had doubts that we would be anything like this good this season, but we are (so far) better by miles than even the most positive fans wildest dreams.

It's just unbelievably exciting at the moment. This must be how scousers felt under Bob Paisley, it's just amazing.

It was pleasing to hear Pep acknowledge that Bournemouth were the best football team that we have played against. All the other teams have 'just played long ball' ;)

Not could. Will.

It's early days, but it's frightening to think that we've still to improve. Other than the obvious confident fluent play, what's surprised me more is the tenacity to retrieve the ball. We only lose the ball occasionally, however we're like a pack of wolves retrieving possession within a few seconds. Not only do we retrieve the ball, the speed of transition to turn it into an attacking situation is something that I've never seen from any team before in the PL. It's becoming increasingly difficult to single out a City player for MOM, and almost as difficult to single out a player for having a bad performance.

It's early days, but it's frightening to think that we've still to improve. Other than the obvious confident fluent play, what's surprised me more is the tenacity to retrieve the ball. We only lose the ball occasionally, however we're like a pack of wolves retrieving possession within a few seconds. Not only do we retrieve the ball, the speed of transition to turn it into an attacking situation is something that I've never seen from any team before in the PL. It's becoming increasingly difficult to single out a City player for MOM, and almost as difficult to single out a player for having a bad performance.
This is why I keep arguing I don't buy the 'so and so is the glue that makes us tick.' Not Silva, not Aguero not John, not Kev and not Dihno. They are all fantastic players, but the system is the key. The attention to detail, the work without the ball, the effort by strikers. The knowledge and execution.

We are now a team in progress :)

He explains why he subbed nico,played a lot recently and had a yellow card,the very next question was why did you bring him off was it tactical? duh
he desrves much better questions
That was the rag prick Simon Stone from the BBC with his whiny voice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.