Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

Absolutely bang on the button.a few of the Pellegrini haters on this site would do well to put themselves in his difficult position at the time and Imagained how they would have coped.it's good to know that some blues understood our previous managers predicament .

Pellegrini has gone way down in my estimation rather than up, since Pep got here. He was much worse than I thought, by comparison. As I thought at the time, he had the best squad by a country mile & couldn't even stop Fellaini from bossing the game at the swamp & us losing 4-2 from being a goal up. Should have gone then.

Anyhow, forgetting that, this comment re 'long balls' is actually relevant to Pep's assessment of the game rather than just a wind up imo. He was talking about the pressing not being as good because they played more football, from what I could tell. It happily creates a nice wind up, but it's a genuine football point.

Which is even funnier.

Pellegrini has gone way down in my estimation rather than up, since Pep got here. He was much worse than I thought, by comparison. As I thought at the time, he had the best squad by a country mile & couldn't even stop Fellaini from bossing the game at the swamp & us losing 4-2 from being a goal up. Should have gone then.

Anyhow, forgetting that, this comment re 'long balls' is actually relevant to Pep's assessment of the game rather than just a wind up imo. He was talking about the pressing not being as good because they played more football, from what I could tell. It happily creates a nice wind up, but it's a genuine football point.

Which is even funnier.

How does a manager that is clearly there just to hold the fort motivate players to perform for him? You can have all the quality in the world but without motivation you've got nothing.

Dunno, ask DiMatteo.
Got sacked after 7 months as the team were woeful, shite outside the champions league which was a complete fluke. If only Bales cross hadn't deflected in or we'd gotten an undeserved goal, we might have fluked a CL on pens too.

Which is even funnier.
.I agree it was a genuine football point,and it's clear to anyone Bournemouth have indeed played more tidy passing based football than any side we have player in the league so far.and Pep could have easily added our pressing wasn't as good as we played midweek,Bournemouth didn't, but I don't think he used that excuse,compare Jose who blames everything he can.
Going back to Pellegrini..Fellini bossing the game at the swamp is a poor illustration of why u think he was a crap manager; it was Yaya who stood and let fellini do that ,I doubt Pellegrini will have told him to be so immobile in central midfield.?
If Navas had put away that chance early doors ,at the Stretford end,we would have been 2 nil up and cruising..again,not pellegrinis fault.
It is a bit silly to compare any former City manager with Pep...u could say they were all crap by comparison..the point that I and another above are saying is that u don't take into account the pressure he was under knowing he was a temp manager and would be sacked come what may and the players knew that too.motivation is everything.that's bound to be eroded when the next manager is telling the club who to buy whilst your still in the job.a crappy performance at the sty is neither here nor there on that single issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.