Pep's tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching saturday's game i did find Pep's tactics fascinating especially the full backs positions. I certainly think that Pep will revolutionise the english game with his input.
As for the goalkeeper position you now need to be an outfield player who's also a good keeper. Maybe they will rename the roll of Goalkeeper to Deep Defender.

By the time fuckwits like Glen Hoddle have figured out a plan for Pep's inverted fullbacks, & used their pathetic lack of coaching ability to try & get their players to execute it, they will turn up with it & find Pep is playing 352 or has the fullbacks overlapping in a 433 etc etc instead.

Oh fuck...

It's just a matter of how much time it takes for the team to bed in, before he shows these fucking morons his arse.

Loving the tactics and looking fwd to chatting about them with fellow blues, feel very excited to have Pep.

As an opposition coach coming up against the tactics of our full backs going into defensive centre mids, allowing KDB, Silva between the lines, our wingers one on one, what would you do firstly to combat this and also to carry threat.

The most obvious one is to not push on to the full backs, which would allow space to Clichy and Sagna (but how much of a threat would that be?), this would allow players to go with Silva and KDB and be quicker to double up on our wingers.

There is also the possibility that a side will leave their winger high up the pitch in space, this would leave one of the back 3 going to cover and being left one on one...This we are bound to see as and when we are leading and teams need to take a risk.

For me the main issue would be if Sagna and Clichy carry enough threat with the ball...I would expect based on a similar team that if the FB's where not pressed then it is possibly that we Ferndinho would not drop back and Sagna would make the back 3, or Stones would step out and Clichy would make the back 3 would be tried to increase the threat of giving time to players in this position.

I look fed to seeing what other blues think and mostly seeing what Pep does!!

There is no doubt in my mind we have a different type of manager and his tactics are a lot different to the rest. His tactics will be talked about by all pundits etc.

For example, the most obvious is the full back/ defensive mid. Although not exactly new, we have not seen it done in the Premier League before and if it proves successful it is fair to say all other managers will at least think could I do it with my team.

So could someone try to do this in order to gain the same advantages. Teams with very good wingers would benefit from the space it creates, so would be most likely.

If someone started it now I would not worry as they will be further behind in there development and not being taught by the best.

Just wondering what other blues think, will other managers try it??

The only downside to me would be the opposition becoming more accustomed to it as other teams do it.

Quick high-pressing is all the rage. It's what fucked us up this last 2 years.

But if I lost sleep over things like that I would never, ever sleep.

These people think we are fucking stupid.

No respect for their audience.
They know exactly who they're aiming their nonsense at - the majority of opposition fans will lap it up.
There's a reason why English football lags behind others and cunts like Hoddle will never get it.

These people think we are fucking stupid.

No respect for their audience.
Was watching the Stoke game when Aunotivich(?) was yellowed for protesting for a foul although he'd already been given the decision.Hoddle popped up and said the ref was wrong to yellow him as the game could be ruined if stoke went down to 10 men. I think someone must have pulled him up cos he then went on to say " mind you it will certainly stop the descent we have in the game"..

Really Glenn..? do keep up FFS.

At 2-4 down against Juve last season he played with three right wingers all swapping who ran down the right wing crossing balls in. I've never seen that tactic in my life.

They won the game in ET

This guy's got tactics for every situation

There is no doubt in my mind we have a different type of manager and his tactics are a lot different to the rest. His tactics will be talked about by all pundits etc.

For example, the most obvious is the full back/ defensive mid. Although not exactly new, we have not seen it done in the Premier League before and if it proves successful it is fair to say all other managers will at least think could I do it with my team.

So could someone try to do this in order to gain the same advantages. Teams with very good wingers would benefit from the space it creates, so would be most likely.

If someone started it now I would not worry as they will be further behind in there development and not being taught by the best.

Just wondering what other blues think, will other managers try it??

The only downside to me would be the opposition becoming more accustomed to it as other teams do it.
If it were that easy to copy Peps tactics Im sure others would have twigged by now.. Its not that easy and I'm not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.