Peps Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called it Cr7 to distinguish him from R9.
I thick Silva has chose City because he knew it would be a key player at City. Barca has Iniesta and in Real no one is a player truly indispensable. There is much more competition, in City he has the place garanted. So i agree with you regarding the part of Real Madrid has become a circus.

City can't get Messi and Alaba for me.
Also we don't need Sane, i prefer to give a chance to Patrick Roberts. He is 19, next year 20. It 's the kind of player who Pep like and is in the right age to have a chance in the first team.
As for the left back we have Angelino 19 years old. Is not too young beacuse Alaba has become a key player for Bayern at this age. I see no reason to buy a bunch of players every year if you have young players with great potential. Guardiola has done this at Barca I would love if he can do the same at City. Otherwise, why they have spend so much money for the Academy?

Don't even get me started on the academy, that is the worst part about this club at the moment in my opinion. There's no guarantee players like Angelino are good enough for us and, even if he was, there would be less of a chance of him actually playing for the first team.

But those big clubs you've mentioned spend big every summer regardless of what talent they bring through and that's just the way it is at the top of the food chain. Otherwise we'll end up with Blacketts in defence, Januzajs in midfield and Wilsons up front.

Don't even get me started on the academy, that is the worst part about this club at the moment in my opinion. There's no guarantee players like Angelino are good enough for us and, even if he was, there would be less of a chance of him actually playing for the first team.

But those big clubs you've mentioned spend big every summer regardless of what talent they bring through and that's just the way it is at the top of the food chain. Otherwise we'll end up with Blacketts in defence, Januzajs in midfield and Wilsons up front.

I don't think that's the case at all, yes we spent a lot off money on our academy and have also done so on great prospects but at the same time the academy has been open just over a year! as much as Manuel has been allowed freedom he has also known that he was here for 3 years only so wanted to win as much as he could in that time. He has played some youth a little to make it look like he is trying granted but unlike Barcelona and Real who have the b team system most of our youth players no matter what potential or ability they have they don't have the experience playing against men and the majority still need loans before they can be considered ready.
In my opinion all this will change with the appointment of Pep and I imagine him having a squad roughly like this;

---------------------------------Hart----------------------------------- ---------------------------Lawler/Gunn--------------------------
-----------------Kompany----------------Laporte-------------------- -----------------Otamendi------------Denayer------------------
Piccini-------------------Fernandinho---------------------Wendell Maffeo-----------------Evans-----Delph--------------Angelino
----------------De Bruyne----------------Isco------------------------ ---------------------------Garcia/Silva---------------------------
--------Messi----------------------------------------Sterling--------- ---------Roberts----------------------------------Sane-----------
-------------------------------Aguero--------------------------------- --------------------------------Kelechi----------------------------

I don't think it would necessarily be as drastic as this but Pep has confidence in youth and will use them even just to supplement the save the legs of the first team.

I don't think that's the case at all, yes we spent a lot off money on our academy and have also done so on great prospects but at the same time the academy has been open just over a year! as much as Manuel has been allowed freedom he has also known that he was here for 3 years only so wanted to win as much as he could in that time. He has played some youth a little to make it look like he is trying granted but unlike Barcelona and Real who have the b team system most of our youth players no matter what potential or ability they have they don't have the experience playing against men and the majority still need loans before they can be considered ready.
In my opinion all this will change with the appointment of Pep and I imagine him having a squad roughly like this;

---------------------------------Hart----------------------------------- ---------------------------Lawler/Gunn--------------------------
-----------------Kompany----------------Laporte-------------------- -----------------Otamendi------------Denayer------------------
Piccini-------------------Fernandinho---------------------Wendell Maffeo-----------------Evans-----Delph--------------Angelino
----------------De Bruyne----------------Isco------------------------ ---------------------------Garcia/Silva---------------------------
--------Messi----------------------------------------Sterling--------- ---------Roberts----------------------------------Sane-----------
-------------------------------Aguero--------------------------------- --------------------------------Kelechi----------------------------

I don't think it would necessarily be as drastic as this but Pep has confidence in youth and will use them even just to supplement the save the legs of the first team.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong but I've become a bit of a pessimist over the last five years or so while we've watched our youth players walk out without being given a chance.

Kelechi just about makes up for Boyata though.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong but I've become a bit of a pessimist over the last five years or so while we've watched our youth players walk out without being given a chance.

Kelechi just about makes up for Boyata though.
Which youth players have walked out and looked good enough to have made it to the first team. The academy will produce players but apart from one or two possibilities they are probably at the younger ages. Even then they will need to be exceptional to jump straight to the first team without a loan, the gap is too big.

Which youth players have walked out and looked good enough to have made it to the first team. The academy will produce players but apart from one or two possibilities they are probably at the younger ages. Even then they will need to be exceptional to jump straight to the first team without a loan, the gap is too big.

I disagree. Lopes, Rekik and Suarez are three off the top of my head that I think should have been given a chance especially when you consider what some of our fringe players are on. But I know I'll take stick for saying that.

I don't really know Gomes but that's not really a great reference tbf.

If I had to rate that list of players along with a bag of sand, it wouldn't be last.

I think Woody already has the bag of sand sown up though, £40m.

For me De Bruyne will be wasted on the bench like Gotze. Is not a winger and not a CM. For sure a great player but was not necessary. A player like Di Maria would have been much more useful, more versatile and a real winger. If Pep really want Sane means most likely that De Bruyne will end on the bench.

More that getting a spot ahead of the likes of Delph or Fernando, or even Yaya on last night's showing, doesn't necessarily make a player good.

But like I said I haven't seen much of Gomes, just that level of approval is like being the least fat kid at fat camp.
Yes. We have a lot of fat kids. Time to shed the weight. I think he'd be phenomenal in our squad. But I get it, opinions are lime A-holes. Everyone's got one.

But I think it's pretty close to a fact that he is better than most of our current mids, and he is 21-22. There is nowhere but up to go. Kid has major potential.

I firmly believe Messi will wear no 10 for us next season. But I don't feel the midfield are doing enough for Kun at the moment.

I reckon he'll wear no.11 or 9. Kun only just changed to the no.10 jersey.

For me De Bruyne will be wasted on the bench like Gotze. Is not a winger and not a CM. For sure a great player but was not necessary. A player like Di Maria would have been much more useful, more versatile and a real winger. If Pep really want Sane means most likely that De Bruyne will end on the bench.

He won't be on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.