Peps Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are box to box midfield players, a type of player which until Guardiola signed Vidal didn't think was in his thinking to go for.

Guardiola did not seem to be responsible for that transfer.

The background to this transfer: Bayern's chief scout Reschke was scout of Leverkusen before and brought Vidal from Chile to Germany some years ago. The sale three years ago from Leverkusen to Bayern did not work out because Leverkusen did not want to sell - but then sold to Juve. Now that Reschke is working for Bayern they made the buy.

not a fan of Real. Simple i like James. Gotze is a CAM like De Bruyne and both are not really fast. Guardiola like players quick and fast in the wing.

Which is why he played Iniesta at LW for considerable stretches of his barcelona career. Before villa arrived and when he was out with his leg break - Oh and de Bruyne plays on the wing for belgium and is routinely their best player. Compared to Götze, de Bruyne is the road runner.

For me De Bruyne will be wasted on the bench like Gotze. Is not a winger and not a CM. For sure a great player but was not necessary. A player like Di Maria would have been much more useful, more versatile and a real winger. If Pep really want Sane means most likely that De Bruyne will end on the bench.
I bet Pep is crapping himself in case you pip him for the City job,what with your extensive superior knowledge compared to the rest of us mere mortals on here!

Hart

Zabba
Kompany
Stones
Gaya

Fernandinho
Pogba
Silva

Messi
Aguero
De Bruyne

Subs

Gunn/Lawlor
Sterling
Ottamendi
Clichy
Navas
Ieahnacho
Maffeo
Roberts
Denayer

Guardiola did not seem to be responsible for that transfer.

The background to this transfer: Bayern's chief scout Reschke was scout of Leverkusen before and brought Vidal from Chile to Germany some years ago. The sale three years ago from Leverkusen to Bayern did not work out because Leverkusen did not want to sell - but then sold to Juve. Now that Reschke is working for Bayern they made the buy.

Thanks for the background information mate.

Like I said earlier, I think Pep will want someone like Gundogan over Pogba.

With Zidane now at Madrid I reckon he will be in Perez' office persuading them to buy Pogba.

Thanks for the background information mate.

Like I said earlier, I think Pep will want someone like Gundogan over Pogba.

With Zidane now at Madrid I reckon he will be in Perez' office persuading them to buy Pogba.

He usually prefers to have a 6 and two more or less offensive 8s. And he does not like the real defensive midfielders either - even their he wants a passer. That he has to adapt somehow to the players is something different. He lately in the clutch matches like e.g. against Porto played Thiago together with Müller on the 8 position. Müller was playing his usual self between HS, ten, and right winger - but even dropped deep and was behind Alonso and Thiago often especially when the opponent countered as he probably is faster than the two. Thiago moved from 10 to 8 to 6.

With Heynckes we played with a real defensive 6 - but Gustavo already knew that he will not have a future with Pep and went by himself like e.g. Gomez did. Pep did not have to clean out at Bayern as that already was done and the last guys that did not really match went on their own. He just had his usual fight with the no. 9.

Nice that you actually start to discuss what the changes might be. I have the feeling when I read some post that some players that a lot think will be no problem and even will be favourites might not be - because of playing style, workrate or character - and some that you think do not match actually will not be problems or atleast in the first period will be very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.