Perfume Clones and Dupes

It's difficult to believe that we have managed to morph through March/April without buying replacement fragrances. The other half's stoicly managed to wobble along with her temporary bottle of Madam Glamour, reminding me on a daily basis how much I spoil her in her formative years.

As most avid afficendaos of the pefumery persuation know, Lidl's Madam glamour is a cheap clone of Coco Madamoiselle, carrying notes of spicy bergamot, lemon and a tingling fresh spiciness, which we found pleasant to our ofractery senses. It's a cheeky number for the price point and not to be baulked at a fiver a go.

We did have a look at some of the clones from the Perfume House/Parlour, but on a monetary level, we were left wanting compared to Essence Vaults deal of three 100ml bottles for £39.99. I also ordered an Aventus intense 5ml tester for £7 so that I didn't have to pay for delivery. The free delivery was with the dreaded Evri, but on this occation they performed admirably within a four day window.

The clones ordered were Flowerbomb No's 14, Spicebomb No's 211, and last but not least Black Opium No's 82, all attractively presented in their own glass/chrome bottles. I think I mentioned previously that these are the fragrencies sold in the UK pharmacies in addition to mail order.

The company is based in Antrim Northern Ireland and their net post tax profit for last year was circa 1.4 million, so non too shabby, and in Essence not a fly by night company. Reasuring to know who your dealing with.

IKDZm7m.jpg

So how did they smell?
Do remember that people see and smell in their own subjective way, not disimilar to a meal, a movie, a good book or a pint of beer. As philosopher Titus Lucretius Carus one said "quod ali cibus est aliis fuat acre venenum" (what is food for one man may be bitter poison to others). One mans meat and all that.

Flowerbomb. No's 14
Described as being warm with floral notes adding depth to it's sensual aroma. The heart floral and opulent with intensive seductive centifolia, freesia and cattleya orchid. Musk and Patchouli to wrap us up in oriental scents.

That's as may be, but we both thought it had an artifical "metalic" back odour that lingered until it settled. It does have a similarity to the original but I wouldnt say anywhere on a close par and not going to happen I suppose when one is priced at £1 a ml and one is priced at 13p a ml. Longevity was around the two hour mark before the aroma wained, but cheap enough to re apply again and again with copious squirts.

Awarded 6/10

Spicebomb
: Nos 211

I have used the original Spicebomb many times in the past and would say this clone carried a 60%-65% resemblance to the original, advertising top notes of ardamom, artemisia, lavender and bergamot, mid notes of cinamon and orange blossom and base notes of sanlewood and cedar.

It's a very seductive desriptor, however the ordinary guy in the street isn't going to pick out many of these characteristics, its either pleasing to the nostril or it isnt.

This clone didnt afford me that explosive spicy bomb effect, but the undertones were there for all to smell. Its longevity is fairly good and I can still smell my woodiness four hours later : /

You know what ..Its ok for for 13p/ml, so I will award it 6/10

Black Opium: No's 82

We both like this clone very much and not at all disimilar to the Blossom company version bought in last year. This is apparantly Essence Vaults No's 1 seller for all the right reasons.

The perfume house say it's opening notes of adrenelin rich coffee, and sweet sensual vanilla recline into the softness of white flowers for a modern vibrant and addictive scent, and I can't really disagree with any of their wordcraft.

It projects a nice seductive expensive aroma with musky undertones that is very similar in character to YSL's original perfume. The bottles not as nice, buy you cant win them all, but it reeks of value at 13p a ml.

Score is 9/10

Last edited:
There's an ace shop on Affinity Bob, who do quality fake aftershaves and perfumes, next time you're up here try them out, 3 for £15, last all day and pretty good smells too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.