Perspective

black mamba said:
ShaunyWrightWright said:
Robbo was brilliant today guys, wasn't he??? Elano too!! All my previous grievances against those two ol' Brazilians were silenced with their spineless performance today!! Hooray!! Go City! Buy more boys from Rio!!

I don't know about that 'SWW' ...... i don't think any City player could put their hand on their heart and say they had a great game today ...... and basically that's why we came off second best!

I actually thought Elano was poor , and Robinho was hardly much better.

Sarcasm my friend.

With Petrov fully fit, tearing up the left wing and whipping in his crosses, plus our policy to play 4-5-1, where does Robinho fit in??
Personally I think if you play 1 up front you need someone strong, Robbie is not strong, Caicedo is strong but crap, Ched puts himself amongst it but again is crap, Boj is far from fit and still to prove himself.
We can't put any of the following on the bench - Ireland, SWP, Kompany, De Jong, Elano (since he's hit form, although ineffective today)
Hughes has his work cut out, especially if we bring in more midfielders in the summer....
In my opinion Robbie is a striker, but not a lone striker as hasn't enough presence, so we move to 4-4-2???? Or we've wasted £32m?

ShaunyWrightWright said:
black mamba said:
ShaunyWrightWright said:
Robbo was brilliant today guys, wasn't he??? Elano too!! All my previous grievances against those two ol' Brazilians were silenced with their spineless performance today!! Hooray!! Go City! Buy more boys from Rio!!

I don't know about that 'SWW' ...... i don't think any City player could put their hand on their heart and say they had a great game today ...... and basically that's why we came off second best!

I actually thought Elano was poor , and Robinho was hardly much better.

Sarcasm my friend.

Yeah , i got your drift the first time , but my point is that these two were no worse than the rest of the side today ...... and certainly no better either.

You'd have a real job picking anyone for City MOTM today , because nobody really rose to the occasion enough to deserve the mantle ...... we needed AT LEAST half the side to have had good games today to have got anything at the Swamp , but it never , at any stage , looked like happening.

black mamba said:
You'd have a real job picking anyone for City MOTM today , because nobody really rose to the occasion enough to deserve the mantle ...... we needed AT LEAST half the side to have had good games today to have got anything at the Swamp , but it never , at any stage , looked like happening.

a couple of players dont perform, blame the players. the entire midfield and attack dont perform, blame them if you like but it suggests they weren't set up correctly for this match. fair enough, it happens, i guess, but the changes could have come much sooner.

Job_Dunne said:
With Petrov fully fit, tearing up the left wing and whipping in his crosses, plus our policy to play 4-5-1, where does Robinho fit in??
Personally I think if you play 1 up front you need someone strong, Robbie is not strong, Caicedo is strong but crap, Ched puts himself amongst it but again is crap, Boj is far from fit and still to prove himself.
We can't put any of the following on the bench - Ireland, SWP, Kompany, De Jong, Elano (since he's hit form, although ineffective today)
Hughes has his work cut out, especially if we bring in more midfielders in the summer....
In my opinion Robbie is a striker, but not a lone striker as hasn't enough presence, so we move to 4-4-2???? Or we've wasted £32m?

Like i said earlier (and i know it's hypothetical) i would of liked to of seen this at some stage this season 4-4-1-1:

...........................Given

...Zabaleta....Onuoha....Kompany......Bridge

...SWP..........Ireland....De Jong........Petrov

..........................Robinho

..........................Bojinov

If everyone in the squad was fit i would say the above team would be our most effective!!

TheMightyQuinn said:
Blue2112 said:
Don't think anyone would argue with their quality and a 2-0 defeat isn't by any means an embarassment.

What disappointed me was our lack of desire to get into them, we looked caught in the headlights and had no idea how to get at them. Surely if all else fails then when we get a free kick launch it into the box and play the numbers game but we failed to de even that.

If we're looking to the future and what players really want to be a part of this club long term then it was the lack of desire, passion and fight within the team that I felt was the real disappointing factor today.

I'd go along with that but then I think there was an aspect of 'if we go for it now we'll get turned over' in the back of a lot of players minds.

We were shockingly lacking in all aspects today to be fair, our passing was good if it was 5ft and sideways but barring Petrovs shot in the last minutes we never once looked like scoring.

I don't know. At the end of the day lads we know love the club and wanted to win today looked as poor as the more questionable players we have in my opinion. Weird day all round in many ways.

I didn't think we played that badly. We battled well in midfield to retain posession for long periods but we struggled to break them down. It looked to me like United were defending very deep a lot of the time and looking to go on the break against us.

Edit: I was also pleased to see Hughes field an unchanged side and couldn't disagree with the substitutions made. He now has to lift the players for the last 2 games.

Disturbance said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Blue2112 said:
Don't think anyone would argue with their quality and a 2-0 defeat isn't by any means an embarassment.

What disappointed me was our lack of desire to get into them, we looked caught in the headlights and had no idea how to get at them. Surely if all else fails then when we get a free kick launch it into the box and play the numbers game but we failed to de even that.

If we're looking to the future and what players really want to be a part of this club long term then it was the lack of desire, passion and fight within the team that I felt was the real disappointing factor today.

I'd go along with that but then I think there was an aspect of 'if we go for it now we'll get turned over' in the back of a lot of players minds.

We were shockingly lacking in all aspects today to be fair, our passing was good if it was 5ft and sideways but barring Petrovs shot in the last minutes we never once looked like scoring.

I don't know. At the end of the day lads we know love the club and wanted to win today looked as poor as the more questionable players we have in my opinion. Weird day all round in many ways.

I didn't think we played that badly. We battled well in midfield to retain posession for long periods but we struggled to break them down. It looked to me like United were defending very deep a lot of the time and looking to go on the break against us.

We couldnt break them down and as they were 2-0 up and looking to win the league they were very conservative which meant our usual quick counters were out of the window.

Had we got one back early in the 2nd half they'd have been forced to look for a 3rd which may have opened the game up a little, this was pretty frustrating as it was obvious we could do it if we could just get that 3rd goal.

The rags and Fergiscum are experienced in these aspects though and very hard to rattle.

Disturbance said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Blue2112 said:

Edit: I was also pleased to see Hughes field an unchanged side and couldn't disagree with the substitutions made. He now has to lift the players for the last 2 games.

Jesus a rational post!

Fact is you are right; if Hughes had changed the side people would have gone mental.

Another fact is look at Fergies options he had on the bench when he needed them...the likes of Rooney et al. Who have we got? Ched Evans. And Boj still isnt fully fit neither is Petrov..will be about 3 months playing before they are back on full form.

First half saw a few momnents that summed the match up for me:

1: Early on Elano was in the six yard box and could have squared it to Robbie but didnt; he tried to score from a tough angle and it missed wildly.
2. Having just seen Dunne penalised for a good challenge Ireland does the same type; results in a free kick that Trannie gets a lucky deflection from and scores.
2. An error with what should be a standard pass from Elano sets up Tevez who takes it brilliantly and scores.

I`m not having a go at players, what I`m doing is trying to summarise the match how I saw it;

Our key players didnt turn up. Their finishing was class and lucky.

The second half I was fairly pleased with, and whilst some may say (they sat back and we didnt bother them) well they maybe were put under pressure to sit back; I use the recent Arsenal and Spurs games as examples.
The match again highlighted a massive need for a world class striker whilst Caceido develops and the Boj gets back to full match fitness...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.