Perspective

Didn't take long for the "pep out" brigade to resurface. He deflects pressure from the players by saying the rags played well and some on here think he's a united fan . Shit happens in derbies - we gave the rags a few bloody noses when we were mid table and they were winning leagues and cups, do you really think they care about those games at the end of the season??

Losing the derby is fucking shite... BUT!!

We've gone 28 unbeaten (almost 4 months, FOUR MONTHS), 21 games winning run (best ever, EVER!!!!), final of the league cup, all but through in the CL, quarters of the FA cup, best attack in the league, best defence in the league, 11 points clear and the also rans all have to play each other....... we were 10 clear last week and everything was rosy, now we're 11 clear and arses are flapping.

Catch. A. Fucking. Grip

We're gonna win the league! CTID
Its generally not the pep out in reality the definition of madness is to do the same thing again and again that doesn't work.
That's what he did yesterday again (picked the wrong team).
The flaw in him is that he doesn't understand derbies and treats them like a friendly in wythenshawe park every time. And why is he wearing red FFS, a complete NO for any game never mind a derby!, he just doesn't understand the rivalry and it fucks people off.
That's why we keep losing to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the reaction is way OTT......but it was unacceptable to lose that 21 game run with such a whimper and with a team selection that was clearly the wrong choice.
Agree to lose a 21 match winning run in a 3- 2 game is one thing but to lose it a team from Trafford, in such a weak way is disheartening.
It feels like we surrendered it more than lost it. It seems to happen time and time again against that lot in the league. Bizarre.

No over reaction from myself, take it on the chin and move on. Never nice to lose against this lot but we did - we are currently their cup final. The only issue I can see is if the rags got any kind of consistency in beating the other teams - then it would be a bigger issue.

Like the dippers in some way, until the got that consistency fixed they only knew they could win once the beat us.

We do have to fix it for next season

It was a bad display right from the start, but we have a healthy lead and as long as we get back to winning ways in the next game, we will look certain to claim the league title back.

We are going well in the other comps

I think we all know that currently we are the best domestically, I will judge on how we approach the CL in the knockout stages. It's about time we won this bloody thing (regardless of the way they have tried to screw us over)

Agree to lose a 21 match winning run in a 3- 2 game is one thing but to lose it a team from Trafford, in such a weak way is disheartening.
It feels like we surrendered it more than lost it. It seems to happen time and time again against that lot in the league. Bizarre.

I don’t think it’s bizarre this is my opinion fwiw.

Read a lot of pep doesn’t care about the derby etc and they raise their game against us etc. They are a good side when they are aloud to sit back and counter, that is their strength hence why their away record is so good. When they play against us it is literally their perfect opposition a team who they can sit deep counter and exploit spaces with pace.

When they have to break down teams they look a Different side, they don’t posses the coaching nor the talent to unlock a packed defence and in turn leads people to think they are shit etc. Football is not as simplistic as x is good and y is bad sometimes like with boxing styles make for better match ups. Games against them will always come down to whoever scores first, when we do we are able to Control the game and will usually win comfortably when they do we push on and they pick us off.

Yesterday was disappointing, but not a disaster, and.let's not kid ourselves that United are going to win 10 on the bounce, even if we drop silly points.

No,.the real concern is that without orthodox Full Backs or a.clinical central striker, our ball retention is critical, and too often we lose possession in stupid areas (quite often from our own throw-in).

We got away with it against West Ham, but we won't in the CL.

Also,we desperately need a fully fit Aguero, but not the disinterested, slow and clumsy Aguero who occasionally appears for 10 minutes in games where we're already winning.
Something is wrong, and I suspect that we'll read about it in the Summer, just after he's signed for someone.else.

No Pep Out from me. Just a sigh of frustration

I’m not remotely arsed about the fact it was a Derby. I’ve had no piss taking from United mates as they know the league is done and they don’t want to make it their cup final etc. What I am very concerned about is the fact that Pep absolutely fucked his team selection and in game substitutions yet again in a big game.

Going four months unbeaten is great and yes a league win would (and will) be fantastic. But I’ve already resigned myself to a 1/4 Final exit from the CL when Pep suddenly shits the bed about how Porto play and picks the wrong side whilst changing our tactics to something we’ve never done or practiced before rather than playing to our strengths whilst utilising players in form.

I keep reading this 'pep fucked the team selection', and you being a more logical poster, i'll ask you, in what way?

Stongest keeper, strongest CH pairing, our best performing fullbacks, our best performing CMF (rodri and gundo).

the only question then is Kev. who is typically and on paper our best player.

And then it is our fittest forwards and a winger who has recently played really well.

So we can argue whether bernardo or foden should have started instead of kev (leaving your best player out for a derby would have been argued just as bad im sure), but that is about it for me, the rest pocks itself.

Agree on the substitutions though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.