Perspective

Can’t tell what effect this will have on the players until after the Fulham game. If we win both games all is rosy again with a 17 point lead before Leicester and Rags play again. Yes we will have played two games more but pressure on them and we will only have 8 left to play.

I keep reading this 'pep fucked the team selection', and you being a more logical poster, i'll ask you, in what way?

Stongest keeper, strongest CH pairing, our best performing fullbacks, our best performing CMF (rodri and gundo).

the only question then is Kev. who is typically and on paper our best player.

And then it is our fittest forwards and a winger who has recently played really well.

So we can argue whether bernardo or foden should have started instead of kev (leaving your best player out for a derby would have been argued just as bad im sure), but that is about it for me, the rest pocks itself.

Agree on the substitutions though.

The rags are a team that plays on the counter with pace. We have found a way to negate that this season but we didn't employ it yesterday. Very few teams have been able to counter us effectively this run of games due to our ball retention, starving them of possession, and then our work rate off the ball, limiting their passing options.

Walker should have started instead of Cancelo, as he has the pace to deal with counters. Our higher energy players should have started in order to press and put them under more pressure on the ball. Instead we played a midfield that was very pedestrian and fairly easy to play through.

Last edited:
We had 1 hand on the prize yesterday. It was all going to plan but city being city decided to keep it interesting lol. Back to worrying about the next 3 points and a slow midfield.

Time to turn off the media and moan about the players/manager. Ahh it’s good to be back:)

It’s laughable. Seems some of us can’t shake off the little city syndrome. United won’t be the biggest match we play this season, by a long shot! In fact the semi final against them was bigger than this league match and we won. It’s what pep does.

And for those banging on about wrong team selection, bar Bernardo, not many were unhappy with that team Pre-match!

The rags are a team that plays on the counter with pace. We have found a way to negate that this season but we didn't employ it yesterday. Very few teams have been able to counter us effectively this run of games due to our ball retention, starving them of possession, and then our work rate off the ball, limiting their passing options.

Walker should have started instead of Cancelo, as he has the pace to deal with counters. Our higher energy players should have started in order to press and put them under more pressure on the ball. Instead we played a midfield that was very pedestrian and fairly easy to play through.

Maybe, sure. But we are still onlyntalking Cancelo and Kev? I mean, hardly qualifies as 'picked the wring team'. And of those two, cancelo has been excellent and kev IS excellent, but was so poor yesterday.

The 1st minute pen really changed everything.

It’s laughable. Seems some of us can’t shake off the little city syndrome. United won’t be the biggest match we play this season, by a long shot! In fact the semi final against them was bigger than this league match and we won. It’s what pep does.

And for those banging on about wrong team selection, bar Bernardo, not many were unhappy with that team Pre-match!
The team needed workhorses to combat the rags and we choose slow players and got caught out. It is that simple.

What is baffling and sickening about the whole situation is that we have the tools to combat united but left them in the bag/bench.

Last edited:
Bet I get called a rag for this, but losing the derby isn’t really that big a deal for me, but then we pretty much always used to lose to them so maybe I’m used to that disappointment?
but then after any loss I’m too angry to sleep but it’s not more so if we lose to the Raggy cunts

perspective is important, it’s stupid to call pep a **** and demand him out or de bruyne be sold. But then it’s important to figure out why exactly pep can’t beat United at home and ask questions about it.

people on both sides are so reactionary though, what can you do? Telling people not to over react or be a blue tinted spectacled happy clapper is like pissing in the wind!

Total over reaction over yesterday. For some reason the rags have it over us at The Etihad but we regularly beat them at the swamp! Remember when we never used to win there? We have an immense squad and manager. Yes it’s annoying but we have a great cushion in the league. Would you swap it for the rags current position?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.