Peter Crouch

fathellensbellend said:
decent addition.

will provide a completely different alternative to what we have, will help robbie, swp ireland etc with his ability to hold the ball, and will add some sadly lacking aeriel threat.

will add depth to the squad, and is a far better player than given credit for.

much of villa's success, especially away is based on pace in the wide areas and playing through carew.

also with europe a possibility we need more players, and crouch is a good addition.

Exactly. He'll give us something different which is what we need. I suspect he'd be on the bench in home games but would play away games. Petrov would love a player like Crouch to aim for.

nickson71 said:
true but we've been playing with an unfit Bojinov and Big Phil who not the finished article just yet so I think we could well be getting 2 strikers, maybe Crouch is one of the them.

I agree we'll go after two strikers, but I'd much rather we were targeting two world class strikers, who compliment each other. I ready made forward line of sorts...

BillyShears said:
nickson71 said:
true but we've been playing with an unfit Bojinov and Big Phil who not the finished article just yet so I think we could well be getting 2 strikers, maybe Crouch is one of the them.

I agree we'll go after two strikers, but I'd much rather we were targeting two world class strikers, who compliment each other. I ready made forward line of sorts...

Ibrahimovic and Villa would do for me.

Crouch
Bojinov
Bellers
Robbie
Big Phil
Plus a big name signing.

Would give us plenty of options in attack.

crouch is not good enough to carry us forward

centre forward is where we need to buy real quality this summer

the only 2 forwards at the whole club worth keeping are sturridge and boj (maybe loan out caceido snd im not counting bellamy as his injury problems will prevent him playing more than half a season at most) therefore we need another 2

i really hope we dont get crouch or RSC........we need better .....

having said all that without european football we will not be able to attract the lieks of eto et al so we need players that can get us to that point........though im not sure whether crouch or rsc can do that either......I feel it may be a very frustrating summer again as far as buyiing centre forwards....

BillyShears said:
nickson71 said:

I agree but we maybe uncertain if we can convince the really top class strikers to join the revolution so we are also looking at more sensible options too

Summer is going to interesting one way or another, either way we'll improve the squad massively and I think that Crouch would be a good addition as it adds something different.

But if we struggle to get the big names I guessing there will be a lot of disappointed fans even though we will have a much better squad for pushing on next season.

Time will tell

I'd have been disappointed if we'd bought Crouch when we were skint let alone now we have some cash.

BillyShears said:
nickson71 said:

To be fair Billy, that isn't really how City play. SWP/ Elano and then Robinho (and in theory Petrov) will be used on the right and left sides as inside forwards, in a 4-2-3-1 cum 4-5-1 cum 4-3-3. The closest you might get is a 4-1-3-2 which Hamburg used, but there's a requirement there for the likes of Binho to play a side midfield role for which he's perhaps not ideally suited.

If you have a player like Crouch who is able to provide 2nd balls up top, then the partnership will have to rotate between the left and right inside forwards and the central attacking midfielder (often Stevinho) as the play dictates.

In any event, I'd prefer to have RSC signed and equipped with a brand new set of non-breakable bionic legs.... we can do that can't we?! ;)

goat boy said:
BillyShears said:
nickson71 said:

To be fair Billy, that isn't really how City play. SWP/ Elano and then Robinho (and in theory Petrov) will be used on the right and left sides as inside forwards, in a 4-2-3-1 cum 4-5-1 cum 4-3-3. The closest you might get is a 4-1-3-2 which Hamburg used, but there's a requirement there for the likes of Binho to play a side midfield role for which he's perhaps not ideally suited.

If you have a player like Crouch who is able to provide 2nd balls up top, then the partnership will have to rotate between the left and right inside forwards and the central attacking midfielder (often Stevinho) as the play dictates.

In any event, I'd prefer to have RSC signed and equipped with a brand new set of non-breakable bionic legs.... we can do that can't we?! ;)

A player like Crouch would allow more flexibility in the formation that we currently don't have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.