Peter Fletcher Announces Retirement

Re: Peter fletcher

plattlane01 said:
First and foremost he is a blue. Heavily involved with the junior blues in the 80's.

I couldn't care less who he supports. Many top level City Employees won't be a fan but their professionalism and abilities make them suitable to do their job. Personally, I don't think I'd want to work for City as the things I see and hear might harm my support.

It's mildly ironic that he is responsible for the position of so many U****d supporting Stewards who set out to ruin the day of so many Blues.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:42 am --<br /><br />
ManCityTom said:
Hope a friend of mine out when he had his ticket stolen in Villarreal.

Also helped me out in Porto.

Cannot say a bad word about the bloke.

Hope he enjoys his retirement if true.

Surely the Ticket Office cancel the stolen ticket and replace it? At the end of the day, there doesn't appear to be one City Employee with more ill feeling towards them than Peter Fletcher. If the Stadium was problem free on match day and we had things clearly communicated to us then things would be so much better.

Skashion said:
goater1978 said:
The balotelli goal timing was a coincidence. I stand behind him and the manhandling started well before the goal. I had to move from my seat before the goal as the guy behind me went over the back of me to take a swing at the steward.

Never engage the stewards. Just ignore them and they go away!
There's not a person in the whole stadium who had a better view of that incident than me.

Well that's wrong as there are 4 seats all equally as close to the guy. I was in one of them.

If you were there then you would have remembered that the balotelli goal was well after it all kicked off. The fact you don't remember this and believe the goal was used as cover for the steward action makes me doubt your account.

ManCityTom said:

Can vouch for this, as I was present on both occasions.

You should have told us what happened to your ticket(s) in Porto, though!

goater1978 said:
Well that's wrong as there are 4 seats all equally as close to the guy. I was in one of them.

If you were there then you would have remembered that the balotelli goal was well after it all kicked off. The fact you don't remember this and believe the goal was used as cover for the steward action makes me doubt your account.
How can four seats be equally as close when they are all the same size? Unless you were at the side of him, in which case, you wouldn't have stated you were 'behind him'. Anyroad, the gentlemen to my right is my father, and to my left, my brother, so I doubt you're either of them.

I have pretty strong proof I was there and I was directly behind him as it's my video. I videoed it over his shoulder so I was directly behind him - care to dispute that the video is directly over his shoulder? I uploaded it and I posted that video on the forum, the original thread is probably knocking around somewhere. Here you go, the first post of that video was mine and if you follow the thread back, you can see where I'm saying I'm uploading it and what it shows: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=236394&p=4899322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=236394&p=4899322</a>

No, that's not what I recall, and it's not what I recalled at the time, see my account on YouTube which was written on the same day:

An aging blue in 109 who refused to sit whilst those around him and the away fans stood. Showsec picked him out as their let's-make-an-example-for-the-day (they do this every week) and then called for the police. The bloke in question sat down before the police went to his seat, even with those around him still standing. They went and spoke to him, and, whilst he was sitting down, told them he hadn't done anything wrong. The GMP seized an opportunity, or at least they thought they did, when Balotelli scored to try and manhandle him out of the ground. I didn't see how the man ended up on the floor but he can clearly be heard in the video saying he takes tablets for a heart problem before they took him out and at no point did I see him forcibly resist. Their treatment of him was disgraceful and that's not all. When the GMP waded into the crowd people were getting elbowed out of the way or knocked over, myself and a kid no older than seven included! Completely out of order and an exemplar for any aspiring stewards or policemen and women in how not to defuse a situation. There's also reports of Showsec stewards lashing out at fans. I did not see these events however but the above description is my eye witness account and I would swear to it in court.

In the video you can clearly hear the goal announcement, right at the start of the video - something which usually happens about thirty seconds to a minute after the goal, which follows shortly after, and then the Balotelli song at about a minute in. That's my view, that's what I saw happen, and my video evidence clearly matches my account.

Skashion said:
goater1978 said:

How can four seats be equally as close when they are all the same size? Unless you were at the side of him, in which case, you wouldn't have stated you were 'behind him'. Anyroad, the gentlemen to my right is my father, and to my left, my brother, so I doubt you're either of them.

I have pretty strong proof I was there and I was directly behind him as it's my video. I videoed it over his shoulder so I was directly behind him - care to dispute that the video is directly over his shoulder? I uploaded it and I posted that video on the forum, the original thread is probably knocking around somewhere. Here you go, the first post of that video was mine and if you follow the thread back, you can see where I'm saying I'm uploading it and what it shows: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=236394&p=4899322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=236394&p=4899322</a>

No, that's not what I recall, and it's not what I recalled at the time, see my account on YouTube which was written on the same day:

An aging blue in 109 who refused to sit whilst those around him and the away fans stood. Showsec picked him out as their let's-make-an-example-for-the-day (they do this every week) and then called for the police. The bloke in question sat down before the police went to his seat, even with those around him still standing. They went and spoke to him, and, whilst he was sitting down, told them he hadn't done anything wrong. The GMP seized an opportunity, or at least they thought they did, when Balotelli scored to try and manhandle him out of the ground. I didn't see how the man ended up on the floor but he can clearly be heard in the video saying he takes tablets for a heart problem before they took him out and at no point did I see him forcibly resist. Their treatment of him was disgraceful and that's not all. When the GMP waded into the crowd people were getting elbowed out of the way or knocked over, myself and a kid no older than seven included! Completely out of order and an exemplar for any aspiring stewards or policemen and women in how not to defuse a situation. There's also reports of Showsec stewards lashing out at fans. I did not see these events however but the above description is my eye witness account and I would swear to it in court.

In the video you can clearly hear the goal announcement, right at the start of the video - something which usually happens about thirty seconds to a minute after the goal, which follows shortly after, and then the Balotelli song at about a minute in. That's my view, that's what I saw happen, and my video evidence clearly matches my account.

You're obviously "the general" and your recollections are mistaken. All your video proves that the man was being manhandled when the goal announcements was being spoken. The actual incident had started well before this had happened and it was a coincidence that the goal was scored as it was going on.

Showsecs actions were over the top and disgraceful but there is no relation between their actions and the fact we scored. Without a goal happening it all would have still kicked off.

Having only watched the video I am not aware of the outcome of the incident in relation to Fletcher. But as an outsider looking in it is difficult to imagine what Fletcher could have done in relation to discipline of the steward unless a policeman reported the stewards as it appears they were both acting together in his removal.

Can anyone enlighten me?

goater1978 said:
You're obviously "the general" and your recollections are mistaken. All your video proves that the man was being manhandled when the goal announcements was being spoken. The actual incident had started well before this had happened and it was a coincidence that the goal was scored as it was going on.

Showsecs actions were over the top and disgraceful but there is no relation between their actions and the fact we scored. Without a goal happening it all would have still kicked off.
I didn't see them put a hand on him before the goal. That's when I pulled out my phone to record it. I pulled out my phone to record it exactly because they'd started putting their hands on him. That's when they crossed the line. I wouldn't pull out my phone to record arguing with Showsec because that's all that happens every bloody week. That's when I saw the manhandling start. The arguing, yes, had gone on before Balotelli scored. Do I think they would have been so forceful had there not been a goal celebration? No, I don't. I think it was a calculated move that people would be distracted by celebrating the goal.

Re: Fletcher Announces Retirement

The Pink Panther said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Steven? Darren? Peter? Norman Stanley?

Give us a fucking clue....
Peter ,the head of security ..

Very, very sad news indeed

Who will pepersecute the smokers now?

if he was persecuting the smokers then I'm glad he's going he was crap @ it

what will we do without the 40 pages of posts from former adult blues who come on here to moan about the unfairness of getting in with a kids ticket nicking some food being homophobic to a showsec team member then FFS they are kicked out and banned for 3 matches!

Fletcher was more man behind a screen than Wizard of Oz despite the criticism he got on here had no real effect on lousy behaviour either by OTT fans or OTT staff or smoking which has got worse

might get someone who who condemns more and understand less? an ayatollah figure keen on visible justice? a few ritual executions or removal of limbs for dropping litter will if nothing else greatly improve the city sq entertainment

-- Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:42 am --

ManCityTom said:

Hope he enjoys his retirement if true.

Surely the Ticket Office cancel the stolen ticket and replace it? At the end of the day, there doesn't appear to be one City Employee with more ill feeling towards them than Peter Fletcher. If the Stadium was problem free on match day and we had things clearly communicated to us then things would be so much better.

20 minutes before the game in Villarreal it was.

Considering how bad our ticket office are we probably wouldn't off stood a chance.

raininspain said:
ManCityTom said:

Can vouch for this, as I was present on both occasions.

You should have told us what happened to your ticket(s) in Porto, though!

I left the first one on the kitchen table only noticed by the time we got to the airport.

Second one not got a clue.

Happily I kept the 3rd one as it was free.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.