Peter Kay tour

I was also there last night and I agree, it was good but not great. The second half was better than the first and the last 15 minutes was vintage Peter Kay.

I’m happy I was there but I have seen some of his earlier work where I had tears rolling down my face I was laughing so much. I can’t say that happened last night.

No I said same,5/10 first half - 8/10 second half -so a 13/20 is not too great,mind you I’m more cynical and cantankerous in my older age now,i suppose,but Mrs enjoyed it so that’s got me a nice peaceful weekend now,but as you say I’m glad I was there kind of thing

Thinking Kaye is funnier than Lee marks you out as a moron.
I like them both, but for very different reasons.
Kaye in his pomp was a superb stand up, he engaged perfectly with his audience, he knew what they wanted and gave it to them, he had them in the palm of his hand, a very difficult and rare thing to pull off. His TV show work is also outstanding. Phoenix nights, max and paddy, car share. All up there with the best.
Lee, on the other hand, is perhaps the polar opposite of kaye, his stand up routines are cleverly written and delivered, (not saying kayes aren't) his whole act is deliberately condescending to his audience, and he sets his stall out to appear to be intellectually superior to them, which again, is hard to pull off.
Two very different comics, both highly talented.
I am a moron though, can't argue with that ;-)

I like them both, but for very different reasons.
Kaye in his pomp was a superb stand up, he engaged perfectly with his audience, he knew what they wanted and gave it to them, he had them in the palm of his hand, a very difficult and rare thing to pull off. His TV show work is also outstanding. Phoenix nights, max and paddy, car share. All up there with the best.
Lee, on the other hand, is perhaps the polar opposite of kaye, his stand up routines are cleverly written and delivered, (not saying kayes aren't) his whole act is deliberately condescending to his audience, and he sets his stall out to appear to be intellectually superior to them, which again, is hard to pull off.
Two very different comics, both highly talented.
I am a moron though, can't argue with that ;-)
The number of times I've laughrd ar lee is equal to the times Colchester have won the F A Cup. I prefer my comrdians to actually be funny

The number of times I've laughrd ar lee is equal to the times Colchester have won the F A Cup. I prefer my comrdians to actually be funny
That's fair enough mate, I'm not rolling round the aisles when I watch Lee either, but I do find him amusing and clever, and I admire him for being a bit different to the others.

My favourite critiques of comedians are those who watch multiple shows of the same tour and conclude that… the fucker told the exact same jokes as he did last time I saw him.

Just seems some pictures in reviews, didn’t realise he’d slimmed down so much.

I was also there last night and I agree, it was good but not great. The second half was better than the first and the last 15 minutes was vintage Peter Kay.

I’m happy I was there but I have seen some of his earlier work where I had tears rolling down my face I was laughing so much. I can’t say that happened last night.
Interesting to read that. I’ve seen him live twice before and have 2024 tickets, but I’d also say that as a live stand up he’s good but nothing more, but as a show writer and comic actor he’s absolutely brilliant, bringing tears of laughter. I’ve never been moved that way at his live shows, or watching recordings of them, but as I say, they are still funny … just not as epic as his programmes.

Interesting to read that. I’ve seen him live twice before and have 2024 tickets, but I’d also say that as a live stand up he’s good but nothing more, but as a show writer and comic actor he’s absolutely brilliant, bringing tears of laughter. I’ve never been moved that way at his live shows, or watching recordings of them, but as I say, they are still funny … just not as epic as his programmes.
To write, act the lead and direct a show such as phoenix nights takes some talent. I respect him for that, he's pretty unique, as a lot of comic greats are.
If people enjoy his stand up show, and it puts a smile on their face, he's done his job, and done it well.
He's a national treasure in my book, people who slag him off should try stand up comedy, its fucking brutal.

To write, act the lead and direct a show such as phoenix nights takes some talent. I respect him for that, he's pretty unique, as a lot of comic greats are.
If people enjoy his stand up show, and it puts a smile on their face, he's done his job, and done it well.
He's a national treasure in my book, people who slag him off should try stand up comedy, its fucking brutal.
And who else does it to crowds of 20 000?

Amen to all of that, mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.