Peter Kay tour

I had a work leaving do in 1999 and dragged a load of work colleagues with me to see him at Ronnie Scott’s in Birmingham. I think I’d seen him on the Sunday Show. No one else who came along had heard of him. He came on stage with his arm in a sling, a black eye and looking like he’d had the shit beaten out of him. He was fucking brilliant though and we were all dying laughing. I’ve never seem him do stand up since, but the in couple of DVDs I saw it seemed he was doing the same set for another 5 years or so.
Phoenix Nights was absolute class. I was at a gig a few weeks ago here in Cleveland, Ohio. When the woman behind the bar heard my accent, she had me down as a Manc immediately. Turned out she’s a huge fan of Phoenix Nights and spent the rest of the night quoting passages of it to me and slinging me the odd free drink ;)
Just the drink?

Comedy stand ups are better to watch on TV - sitting in an audience where there all laughing and stuffing there face is hell on earth

Comedy stand ups are better to watch on TV - sitting in an audience where there all laughing and stuffing there face is hell on earth
I'd suggest the total opposite. I've never been to a big gig where you're sitting miles away and watching a huge screen, but in a club/theatre part of the appeal is that you all laugh together.

I find I chuckle at home, but I've been to gigs where I've even wished the comedian would stop telling jokes because laughing too much is painful!

I once booked tickets to see Jimmy Carr (long story involving drink and a woman as ever....both pointless in the end).
Went with my daughter and it felt like an odd experience. Alsmot like watching an AI robot of Jimmy Carr...think I raised a grin a couple of times.
He seems to excel in the panel quiz format.

I did see James Acaster in Castlefield a couple of months ago and that was great. Maybe he's just a naturally funny and warm guy (like Bob Mortimer I guess).

You've never been to the AO Arena then to see a gig I presume,I grant there were hot dogs,popcorn and pick n mix available to purchase,but last night the only thing being purchased and consumed was drink

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.