Peter Reid

wireblue said:
Sky Blue said:
Pigeonho said:
Are you sure it was that season? I thought it was the 91/92 season that...?

Como is correct was 93.....

didn't that game end 1-1? flitcrift scored and we got out of jail a little bit

Yep, they battered us throughout and we scored near the end to go 1 up before Deane (think it was him) equalised. Reid was getting slaughtered at half time round the back of the Kippax...I went to Everton away shortly after and we were equally as shit. Right to sack him but a shitty and cowardly way to go about it when Swales got Maddocks in to do the dirty work.

Sky Blue said:
wireblue said:
Sky Blue said:
Como is correct was 93.....

Yep, they battered us throughout and we scored near the end to go 1 up before Deane (think it was him) equalised. Reid was getting slaughtered at half time round the back of the Kippax...I went to Everton away shortly after and we were equally as shit. Right to sack him but a shitty and cowardly way to go about it when Swales got Maddocks in to do the dirty work.
White and blue striped 3rd kit? I wasn't goodison for that. Mid week night game if I remember right, which based on my earlier post is pretty unlikely.

Pigeonho said:
Sky Blue said:
wireblue said:

White and blue striped 3rd kit? I wasn't goodison for that. Mid week night game if I remember right, which based on my earlier post is pretty unlikely.

Yeah, midweek game. Think Rideout scored for them....

Sky Blue said:
Pigeonho said:
Sky Blue said:

Didn't we have a debutant? Gronendijk maybe?
I remember sitting in a wooden stand which physically shook, which also had a net underneath incase someone fell over. Lol.

Pigeonho said:
Sky Blue said:
Pigeonho said:

I remember sitting in a wooden stand which physically shook, which also had a net underneath incase someone fell over. Lol.
High up behind the goal ? I can remember being in a pub full of Everton before the game and this scouser asked me the time. I shit myself thinking he was sussing us out but he actually did want the time !

Sky Blue said:
Pigeonho said:
Sky Blue said:
High up behind the goal ? I can remember being in a pub full of Everton before the game and this scouser asked me the time. I shit myself thinking he was sussing us out but he actually did want the time !
Yeah that's right, up behind the goal. FFS that was 21 years ago probably to the day, it wasn't long after the start of the season.
Old cunts.

Len Rum said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
In amongst the decades of shite, Peter Reid guided us to a 5th place finish, above the rags who finished 6th that season. Started as a player manager. Got Quinn & White playing really well together, and the highlight for me at the time was that we always seemed to do well against Liverpool (the MCFC of the day).

Sacked unfairly IMO after a few games of the following season.
Not really.
Paid over the odds for Keith Curle when we already had Colin Hendry.
Same for Terry Phelan when we already had adequate cover in that position.
Played Adrian Heath up front who couldn't score, when the team was crying out for Clive Allen to be played off Quinny.
Our attacking tactics ended up with Rick Holden hoofing the ball up to Quinny, which was soon sussed out by opposition defences.
Tactics were eventually decided on by Sam Ellis.
Len Rum your right Reid pi**ed a lot of money down the drain .
Remember that crap swap deal Rick Holden for Steve Redmond and Neil Pointon .

There was a story going round back then, which may or may not be complete bollox. There was one home match at Maine Road, when Reidy was player manager. He hadn’t picked himself so was doing a bit of the corporate smoozing pre-game and had a few pints. Then one of our players got injured in the warm up so he had to put himself on the bench. In the first few minutes somebody else got injured and Reid had to come on full of ale. Then he ran the show and was awarded Man of the Match

I went to Goodison as a 15 year old and we were piss poor, the famous "£6m" banner, it was looking ropey after newly promoted Blackburn ran rings round us but Goodison gave them excuse to get rid, played Coventry on Friday night and "Brian Who" was in Platt Lane box, Tony Book in charge and we did a sit in on the Kippax, was beginning of the end for Swales as well.

Most of the tactics were a continuation of Howard's way, that imbecile followed his heart, not his brain... We'd of gone close to the title under him for another year

Reid did indeed piss money away, andy fucking hill,? 'my personal fav, tricky Ricky holden... Wayne 'lol' Clarke (I was actually using 'lol' back in 91) got game time under the bald monkey and the travesty of Colin hendry being discarded lives long in the memory!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.