Peter Reid

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Most of the tactics were a continuation of Howard's way, that imbecile followed his heart, not his brain... We'd of gone close to the title under him for another year

Reid did indeed piss money away, andy fucking hill,? 'my personal fav, tricky Ricky holden... Wayne 'lol' Clarke (I was actually using 'lol' back in 91 actually got game time under the bald monkey and the travesty of Colin hendry being discarded lives long in the memory!!
Ricky Holden and Andy Hill. Two finely tuned athletes! I used to love Holden to be honest. He looked fuck all like a footballer, and knew it, yet there he was plying his trade in front of 40k every other week. Quite the legend actually!

chaddblue said:
There was a story going round back then, which may or may not be complete bollox. There was one home match at Maine Road, when Reidy was player manager. He hadn’t picked himself so was doing a bit of the corporate smoozing pre-game and had a few pints. Then one of our players got injured in the warm up so he had to put himself on the bench. In the first few minutes somebody else got injured and Reid had to come on full of ale. Then he ran the show and was awarded Man of the Match

That must have been the time he had Gazza in his pocket!

I still remember the Villa match when Reidie bagged the winner late on - our first televised league match iirc. Another example of Villa Park being a happy hunting ground for us. Keep the trend up boys (unlike last year!)

Didn't he undo a lot of the good things Howard Kendal had put in place? We finsihed 5th under Kendal and then instead of pushing on, we eventually went backwards under Reid. Not particularly Reid's fault as he just wasn't as good a manager as Kendal (the football was worse too), and Kendal fucked us off really so not a lot we could do it about.

I remember Reid not getting any money to spend in 1993 .
His last signing Alfons Gronendijk .
I wouldn't mind but Horton bought Alan Kernaghan has his 1st signing .
The only good thing about 1993 was the end of Peter Swales as chairmen .

KippaxCitizen said:
Didn't he undo a lot of the good things Howard Kendal had put in place? We finsihed 5th under Kendal and then instead of pushing on, we eventually went backwards under Reid. Not particularly Reid's fault as he just wasn't as good a manager as Kendal (the football was worse too), and Kendal fucked us off really so not a lot we could do it about.

Kendall left fairly early in the 90/91 season, we finished 5th that season and the following season. It all went downhill once Sam Ellis started dictating the tactics, back to 9th in 92/93 and then the poor start to 93/94 that led to the Maddocks farce and Horton in a corporate box for that Coventry game.

It's also worth noting that our "Everton" connection - Kendall, Reid, Ball and Royle - failed to win a single derby between them.

I always felt Kendall was on the verge with city , it was tragedy for both city and him he didn't stay !

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Anyone recall the last game of the season at home to Everton?
Margetson was so bad in nets that Reid subbed him for Dibble! Lost 5-2

Regrettably, yes.

Didn't Beagrie score for them? (I definitely remember him scoring against us at Goodison, but I have a vague recollection of seeing his celebration that day, too)

Reid was poor. Undid HK's good work. At a time when we actually had something he made its progressively worse.

Funny how we see the same thing in history so differently

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.