Peter Reid

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Johnsonontheleft, 16 Sep 2014.

1. noely

noely

Your memory is playing tricks Kendall turn the team battling relegation to a top team

2. Corky

Corky

5th, 5th and 9th with a lot of injuries in the 3rd season.

Some people moaned as a lot of goals involved Quinn flick ons to White, but it was an exciting period.

Bearing in mind Reid was still a player with no experience when he started he did amazingly well. When we went down in 1996 he took Sunderland up.

He had the exact same record as Keegan did for city in 2002/03 when he was sacked, and City finished 9th, Sunderland relegated with weeks to go.

3. baildon blue

baildon blue

Team supported:
    Bradford Park Avenue
    We do look through rose tinted glasses at Reid time as manager .
    Like some have said he was a better player for us than manager .
    He ran out of ideas in 1993 .
    When he tried to bring back Paul Stewert .
    From what I recall he left Spurs to go Liverpool .
    So at Least Peter Swales did the right thing not letting ,Reid get Paul Stewert ,

4. nmc

nmc

Tactics and Sam Ellis in the same sentence!

5. crmcfc

crmcfc

I think Reid gave us some pride with the respectable finishes despite the brand of football, at the time we were desperate not to be going down again so most fans were happy playing like we did and winning rather than get spanked every week.

Horton has been mentioned a few times its a bit of an urban myth about the "free flowing football" we played under him. It comes from the match against Spurs I think we won 5 - 2 apart from that it was pretty dire apart from the odd Beagrie backflip and Paul Walsh showing a fair bit of class for a player in the twilight of his career.

6. kas_tippler

kas_tippler

Made his tea when he was staying at BUPA in Whalley Range, went up and had a chat with him. Nice chap

7. Shaelumstash

Shaelumstash

Really surprised by some of the comments criticising Curle. I'd say he was in our top 3 players pre-takeover of the previous 20 years alongside Anelka and Kinkladze. (Possibly 4th if you were to include Lake.)

8. TGR

TGR

And that just about sums up the tactical awareness of Peter Reid as a manager.
    To this day I am still pleased to say that I was at the forefront of the 'Reid Out' campaign.
    A very good player in his day and a half decent bloke I am led to believe but as a football manager
    he was useless.

9. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

This

10. Salty.

Salty.

Up north in the good ol "U.S of Australia"
    Loved Reidy as a player but never understood him as a manager. He definately had something against Clive Allen & Colin Hendry and if I remember rightly would rather throw Hendry on up front instead of Clive? Was it Reidy who gave Micheal Hughes his debut v Everton midweek at home? one of the most exciting debuts for a while if I remember correctly, even if he did miss a penalty?