Peter Reid's programme notes

Yes only thing I remember about him unfortunately.
The main thing I remember about Alan Kernaghan was that he really wasn't a very good defender! From memory he wasn't very complimentary about us when he left but to be fair to him we weren't really very complimentary about him when he played for us either!

I also remember his goal in the abandoned game v Ipswich the previous week.
2-0 after about 40 minutes. I think Vonk got the other
That was an absolute classic typical City moment that one.
Things were so desperate going into that match that we started with Vonk up front, and for a while it actually seemed to be working. We went two nil up with Vonky getting on the scoresheet.

I remember it was just about halftime when that tw*t of a ref (Ellery if I recall correctly) blew his whistle, and off went the players.

For a few moments we actually thought it was just the halftime whistle, it was a little early though … another fuckin let down

I also remember his goal in the abandoned game v Ipswich the previous week.
2-0 after about 40 minutes. I think Vonk got the other
Was that Maine road and the weather was to blame? I remember being at an abandoned game versus Ipswich at home. We got soaked. What year was it?

Game where Vonk scored was early 94 I think. We also had an evening league cup abondoned v Ipswich due to poor weather around 2000 under Royle
Yeah I seem to remember Matt Holland playing for them.

Just googled it and I was at the the Worthingtin cup game in 2000. The heavens opened and game was called off after 20 mins.

That was an absolute classic typical City moment that one.
Things were so desperate going into that match that we started with Vonk up front, and for a while it actually seemed to be working. We went two nil up with Vonky getting on the scoresheet.

I remember it was just about halftime when that tw*t of a ref (Ellery if I recall correctly) blew his whistle, and off went the players.

For a few moments we actually thought it was just the halftime whistle, it was a little early though … another fuckin let down
Very good summary. Vonky seemed to be hurtling through the water with a maniacal grin on his face similar to the orcs storming Minas Tirith in Lord of the rings. He scored a cracker from 20 yards if I remember.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.