Peter Reid's programme notes

Was that Maine road and the weather was to blame? I remember being at an abandoned game versus Ipswich at home. We got soaked. What year was it?

Pretty sure we’ve only had two matches abandoned in all my time.

Both at Maine Road. Both against Ipswich. Both within a few years of each other.

Too young to remember the Denis Law game at Luton in the early 60s, but maybe that was the previous one?

Both at Maine Road. Both against Ipswich. Both within a few years of each other.

Too young to remember the Denis Law game at Luton in the early 60s, but maybe that was the previous one?
There was one against Norwich at Maine Road in 65-66.

Apart from the two you've mentioned I can't recall any since, but there was a 1-0 v Southampton that should have been abandoned.

Sheron scored for City so I'm guessing 92-93

Yeah after looking it up I was at the later one in 2000. The worthington cup game at Maine road against Ipswich abandoned after about 20 mins at 1-1 I think. IMG_2982.jpeg

Was that Maine road and the weather was to blame? I remember being at an abandoned game versus Ipswich at home. We got soaked. What year was it?
There were two abandoned games v Ipswich, both at Maine Road, and both in the First Half.

PL Jan 1994 when City were leading 2-0
LC Dec 2000 when City had just equalized to make it 1-1

Remember both the Ipswich games. Still drying off now.

Didn't we have a Champs League game at home put back a day recently too?

Yeah, a German side I think. Forget which one. But a list of postponed games over the last 50 years would run into the dozens.

Monchengladbach and also a late postponement v Sunderland 13/14.

On both occasions we'd actually parked-up before hearing that the game had been called off

Apparently Strasbourg hierarchy told their recruitment department to buy Hughes from Manchester and they bought the wrong one.
Michael Hughes was a quality player.

So was Leslie, I suppose.

I bet Michael is a better fucking manager though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.