Peter Reid's programme notes

Reid and Swales as Manchester born Thomas swapped Palace for wolves.

Alfons Groenendijk was the only incoming of the pre 93-94 season.
Always cited as the worst player ever to win an England cap - possibly harsh but really he was no way an international. Did he blaze it 20 yards over the bar in this debut, Something bizarre wasn't it?

I believe we had first option to sign Ardiles and Villa for £750,000 but Swales refused.

We also enquired about Luis Figo around that time, before he joined Barca.
Instead we got his dodgy brother WT Figo.
The Figo link is true. Brian Horton confirmed it to be so, but Franny Lee couldn’t find the cash and he was destined for greater things anyway.

Horton said his best ever player coached was Flitcroft. If you ain’t listened to that underthecosh podcast its quality. Some cracking guests.

I believe we had first option to sign Ardiles and Villa for £750,000 but Swales refused.
Saw Ardiles (and probably Villa ?) at Maine Road, with a soaked, sodden pitch. Remember we one of the best playing surfaces at the time (groundsman was Stan ?).
He skated and glided over the puddles and nobody could get near him.
Ardiles seemed a decent bloke as well, managing in England, after he finished playing.
Don't remember Ricky Villa being so consistent, apart from that goal ?

Saw Ardiles (and probably Villa ?) at Maine Road, with a soaked, sodden pitch. Remember we one of the best playing surfaces at the time (groundsman was Stan ?).
He skated and glided over the puddles and nobody could get near him.
Ardiles seemed a decent bloke as well, managing in England, after he finished playing.
Don't remember Ricky Villa being so consistent, apart from that goal ?

I was at Maine Road when we played them not long after they signed for Spurs. Everyone marvelled at Ardiles, he was incredible. Villa didn't do much at Spurs apart from that overated goal in the 1981 final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.