Peter Walton

Ron Burgundy said:
Very strange decisions today for both teams, how he let that challenge go on Barry on the edge of the box and then book Torres for a little push on Lescott was beyond me

As the chant went "you're not fit to referee" and it was spot on. Inconsistent, not up with play, erratic decisions, hopefully the F.A will look at it and bump into League 2...............til he retires in the summer!!

Re: I was wrong about Peter Walton

listen, walton knew what he was doing leave it at that?

unexpected item said:
The linesman on the east stand side in the second half looked to him every time before making a decision

He did it in the 1st half too.

It seems to be happening alot. Linesman should be able to make a decision or get fired

mancunial said:

I thought he knew exactly what he was doing from the first minute to the last, the only wonder was that he didn't give them the penalty that Benayoun should have got, it was a foul, and despite not going down, he gained no advantage, so as well as being a cheat, he's clearly a bottler too.

cleavers said:
mancunial said:

I thought he knew exactly what he was doing from the first minute to the last, the only wonder was that he didn't give them the penalty that Benayoun should have got, it was a foul, and despite not going down, he gained no advantage, so as well as being a cheat, he's clearly a bottler too.

Thats the thing, i was adamant at the game yesterday that we was 100% a cheat.

The 6 yellow's to them kind of dampened that, but at the same time its an easy arguement that Liverpool could have had at least 2 sent off and that, by booking Liverpool players, it stops the officiating look suspicious.

I can't work out the Benayoun penalty incidnt though. I haven't seen it again, so i don't know if he begun to dive but never got hit or if he was well within his rights to go down under the challenge, however, if walton was cheating he would hav give the penalty anyway. He wasn't trying to keep that game 0-0, as the chants were circling; "Who's the scouser in the black?" everything was in favour of allowing Liverpool to take the win. So the penalty incident doesnt add up at all?

PJMCC1UK said:
unexpected item said:
The linesman on the east stand side in the second half looked to him every time before making a decision

It seems to be happening alot. Linesman should be able to make a decision or get fired

i always thought the linesmen were supposed to let the ref know about offsides, fouls etc. seems ive been wrong all these years coz nowadays they just stare at the ref till he whistles then put their fucking flag up!

Watched the game twice now and some of his decisions are utterly disgraceful.

Actually, one must assume he saw most incidents in the game,his decision making, competance and ability to officiate at this level should be raised by both clubs.

Amazing how there is nothing about it in the reports.

wrongun73 said:
PJMCC1UK said:

i always thought the linesmen were supposed to let the ref know about offsides, fouls etc. seems ive been wrong all these years coz nowadays they just stare at the ref till he whistles then put their fucking flag up!

It's been going on for years and years, watch pretty much every referee this season, they will make the decision for the linesman, unless the linesman has seen something concrete that may affect the referee's decision.

Its utter fuckwittery, there's hardly any point for linesman bar offsides and the occasional off the ball incident. The referee's can't do thier primary job properly, why they feel the need to take the responsibilities of thier assistants on thier shoulders beggers belief.

Keep watching, you'll notice it every game now.

GStar said:
He wasn't trying to keep that game 0-0, as the chants were circling; "Who's the scouser in the black?" everything was in favour of allowing Liverpool to take the win. So the penalty incident doesnt add up at all?

I just think he bottled it, a last minute penalty would have been just way too suspicious, he almost celebrated with the Liverpool players at the end. Smiling from ear to ear. I don't normally bother with refs, but he was a cheat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.