Peter Walton

Quite possibly the worst performance from a ref Ive ever seen. What really gets my goat is that the FA and FIFA etc consistently push this Respect campaign bullshit down our throats yet they consistently produce shit referees, which they have done for years and continue to do so.

ifiwasarichfan said:
After every Game I usually cringe when I read the opinions on the Board about the performance of the Referree. Today however I am in complete agreement. Thankfully this Clown did not really have a Game changing decision to consider.
But yes he did. The blatant push on Adebayor would have led to a game winning penalty. What made it worse was that he looked to be pointing to the spot when in fact he was signalling for a goal kick. What a tosser.

Ricster said:
BlueMooney said:
In fairness, we took it from about 15 yards away from the foul. They took it from the spot. And that Kompany challenge may have been fair, but I can see why he gave it, the way he went in.

As for the other decisions, though... Baffled, to say the least.

How Torres got booked when the same happened five or six times unpunished was odd. How he missed the assault on Barry from five yards away, looking directly at it, was reminiscent of the one he missed of Skrtel on Jo in the same fixture last season. How neither side got a penalty (credit to Benayoun, though - put Gerrard or Torres there and would they have kept their footing?) was a mystery. Clear and blatant fouls were missed all round, while non-fouls were frequently given.

Torres told the ref to 'Fuck Off' after he gave the free kick. Think thats why he got booked.

Then this should have been a red card. That is violent play directed at the ref. But ever since Rooney re-wrote the rule book it's been OK.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Ricster said:
Torres told the ref to 'Fuck Off' after he gave the free kick. Think thats why he got booked.

Then this should have been a red card. That is violent play directed at the ref. But ever since Rooney re-wrote the rule book it's been OK.

I totally agree. I watched FF last night and from the other camera angle you can clearly see Torres mouth Fuck Off. Another fuck up by the bastard in black.

I thought the referees couldn't get any worse after what we have already witnessed this season but Walton was so poor he should be finished as top flight ref, if he has any dignity he should step down at the end of the season, embarrassment of the highest order.

If referees had any dignity they couldnt continually put in the performances they put in and collect a paycheque while claiming they didnt see anything etc etc.

I was wrong about Peter Walton

When I first heard he was the ref for yesterday I was quick to defend him, saying he's the best of a bad bunch. I thought: "Give him a break. Yes, he's made a few howlers in his time, but so have the others."

However, although I only watched the brief highlights last night, judging by what I saw Peter Walton has to be the most inept referee ever to officiate in a Premier league game.
The game was a high profile one in which two teams were battling it out to (pretty much) stake their claim for the 4th Champions League spot, and yet Walton's performance would have shamed an amateur in a Sunday afternoon kick-about.

Two of my mates went to the game, and according to them the ref was the most incompetent they've sen at ComS for a long time.

Re: I was wrong about Peter Walton

The linesman on the east stand side in the second half looked to him every time before making a decision

Just watching the game on FF and the referee is even worse second time around. Very few have mentioned Babel but that dirty cu** should have been sent off for that challenge on Zabba, absolutely disgusting it was!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.