Peter Walton

Right first and foremost i thought our performance wasn't great tonight but one thing you can say is the lads put in a bit of fight, we just weren't cohesive enough against a well drilled Everton side with a few quality players.

That said, you do begin to question whether a heated reaction at the game in slagging the ref and calling him a cheat is over the top. Referees can make mistakes they're only human, so lets assume he thought the foul that led upto the goal was a foul. You can therefore say he made an error. A big one but an honest error.

Explain this to me, Carlos Tevez is falling and so attempts to block a clearance with his head and gets booked for it! It may be me but surely the Everton player is in no danger of getting his foot injured by Carlos Tevez's head. Second point i think it was Bellamy who broke and Arteta clearly (and i could see it happening before he made the challenge) fouled him professionally, yet no booking, Given protests and yet is booked, (Steven Gerrard flashes the V's at a ref NOTHING.) I'm fairly sure Neville scithed Tevez down and also escaped a booking.

There's so much more throughout the game but i'd be here all day. Oh and time wasting NOTHING.

This coming from the same ref who had a disgraceful performance against Liverpool.This guy is clearly not upto the job, the blame doesn't solely go on him but surely he's got to be looked into, it's disgraceful.

Oh and on the FA

Adebayor retrospective ban - Gerrard Flashing the V's at a ref NOTHING
Viera retrospective ban - Stoke - Gerrard Elbowing Michael Brown NOTHING
SWP retrospective ban for a little kick, Ronaldo few weeks later NOTHING
Sure Tevez was warned about his celebration against Utd (infront of our fans)-RVP swearing at our fans- NOTHING

It's as bad as match fixing. i'd love to see the panel consist of people who have no affinity to english clubs and to see a bit of fairness and consistency, we're not asking for all referees to be perfect, for city to get home referees we're asking for fairness, if one rule applies to adebayor it should to gerrard, if a player makes a foul from behind and is the last man (Vidic) why isn't he sent off.

It spoils the fans enjoyment of the game, it really does

I listened to the 1st half on the radio from Citys website and i just turned off at half time and didnt bother with the 2nd half as i was so angry with this muppet of a referee.
i feel im getting to the stage where i just cant be arsed with football as perhaps corrupt is a strong word, but lets just say inconsistant from the very top. There is one rule for certain players/teams and one for everyone else, this season has proved that time and time again.

Also for the biggest marketable, one of the richest leagues in the world, how on earth can we have 3rd rate refs and linesmen.

svennis pennis said:
Utter, utter ****.

Got to diagree SP. He was nowhere as good as that. The worst first half of any reffing I have had the misfortune to experience this season.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:16 am --<br /><br />
goat boy said:
I'd be stunned to see if City got anymore than 20% of the significant decisions tonight. Probably a similar number of the less significant ones, too. The number of City throw ins and corners went Everton's way was preposterous. It wasnt as bad/ obvious in the second half, but by then the damage was done.

I would very much like a personal letter to be written to the FA, on the part of the club, insisting that Walton does not take charge of any of our games ever again. Let him fuck someone elses season up for them. Utter cretin.

The unfortunate thing, whilst thinking you are absolutely right, Goat Boy, is that we look more and more like Pulis, and sound more and more like BaconFace.

But the issue is the most pressing one for the FA to deal with. I am not convinced in the slightest that that august body has the stomach or the moral fibre to tackle such an issue. They consistently hide behind the rule book which is inconsistently applied. We get to the point where you feel it would be better to sort out who the FA wanted to win the league, then draw the other positions by lots, have a play off at the end of the season for second, third, fourth place and the relegation places, and then play the matches week in week out.

1. If we made a tackle, he gave it as a free-kick.
2. Our players then never went in for a tackle for fear of giving away a free kick.
3. He booked players without any need.
4. He didn't see Neville elbow Bellamy.
5. A scouser refereeing a scouse team - which genius came up with that?
6. He's too old and not fit to referee.

C_T_I_D said:
1. If we made a tackle, he gave it as a free-kick.
2. Our players then never went in for a tackle for fear of giving away a free kick.
3. He booked players without any need.
4. He didn't see Neville elbow Bellamy.
5. A scouser refereeing a scouse team - which genius came up with that?
6. He's too old and not fit to referee.
He's from Northants, which probably makes him a rag.

check out peter waltons wikipedia page!<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:25 am --<br /><br />check out peter waltons wikipedia page!

hertsblue said:
I listened to the 1st half on the radio from Citys website and i just turned off at half time and didnt bother with the 2nd half as i was so angry with this muppet of a referee.
i feel im getting to the stage where i just cant be arsed with football as perhaps corrupt is a strong word, but lets just say inconsistant from the very top. There is one rule for certain players/teams and one for everyone else, this season has proved that time and time again.

Also for the biggest marketable, one of the richest leagues in the world, how on earth can we have 3rd rate refs and linesmen.

Thats exactly what my Mrs said on the way home from the match!!

She comes up with the odd gem fairplay!!

She also addded "We never had this years ago the old school referees were top class"!!

Not sure on this one TBH the scrutiny and pressure the refs come under now is immense and the speed and skill of the players is very fast!!

Having said that the ref last night was a numpty!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.