Peter William Sutcliffe

i was sat in the public gallery at the winding up of the trial and when the verdict was read out and i stood up and shouted you lousy bastard ??

the judge said now then anymore of that sort of language and i will have you up in the dock for content of court
what is your problem with the accused the judge asked me

well your honor/worship i said
for the past 20 years I've lived next door to that **** and every time i ask him could you lend me a hammer the bastard said he does not own a hammer

What were the police doing , it was so badly run. Interviewed him 9 times,

One of the things highlighted by the fuck up of an investigation was the fact that one person (boss) could be so powerful. For instance, once he had decided the killer was the Geordie on the tape recording no one else was a suspect. If Sutcliffe had been caught stood over a dead woman with a hammer in his hand he would have been called a copycat killer.
Not only was Sutcliffe interviewed on many occasions because his car kept turning up in red light areas the £5 note found on one of the victims was traced back to the factory where he worked and was proved to have been put n one of the workers wage packets.

That said, with no computers the sheer volume of work they were doing made it very hard to put it all into any kind of evidence. That is not much of a defence though, it was appallingly handled. Did you see the programme last night ? a teenage girl was attacked but survived, her photofit was almost identical to that provided by a prostitute who survived but they ignored that attack as they were convinced the killer only targeted prostitutes !

I started work as a 16 year old in the late autumn of 1980, just as the killings came into the national focus
Was frightened to death walking the 10 minutes from the bus stop to home in the dark. Everyone knew "he" was out there and that he had visited, and killed, in Manchester.
I'm not a person who normally feels frightened out and about, but the fear at that time was palpable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.