Peter William Sutcliffe

I remember watching a documentary about the case where a cop said he'd overheard colleagues bragging about how much overtime pay they were making out of it.

Makes you wonder whether they wanted it to keep going.

And he was caught by South Yorks cops not West Yorks.

I remember watching a documentary about the case where a cop said he'd overheard colleagues bragging about how much overtime pay they were making out of it.

Makes you wonder whether they wanted it to keep going.

And he was caught by South Yorks cops not West Yorks.

Also George Olfield was on the sick for 6 months prior to his arrest??? In the press interview later the same day he’s sat there looking a picture of health in his suit and braces. They were all laughing and joking while families were grieving!! Also like you said it was another force who apprehended him, them knobheads couldn’t have caught a cold

I’ve been watching that programme too. The attitude toward the women murdered was shameful and as cops, they were as thick as fuck. Truly horrendous level of competence. At least 8 women died because of those utter pricks leading the investigation.

The attitudes expressed by these Fucking cavemen are still held by the guys interviewed. Loose morals? No you ****, poverty. I wanted to punch fuck out of all of the useless bastards. Shameful.

the so called higher class and the ruling government are still like that ??? and the policing is not much better today and its only the controlling of the media reporting and the output by them is why many to think life is better today, the police are lawless untouchable and clueless but still violent and hate everybody even the so called working women on the streets are still looked down at and they still don't see why poverty is seen to be the scum of the earth

the courts and judges and the police of the ripper case just wanted to get it out of the way quick as possible and the plea of guilty was a get out for them and so much of the case was brushed under the carpet with the guilty plea, so the police just did little in the way of finding out the nook and cranny and defo somebody else was involved, they had to be a 2nd person and there was to much mess like blood and noise to take the chance of killing somebody in a open space

My uncle was a DS in WY Police at the time. I'd just left uni and he was really keen for me to join the force. He said he'd take me under his wing and I'd be fast tracked to Inspector in no time. Unfortunately my beer drinking capacity wasn't that great at the time so I declined. Some of the things he told me made Life on Mars seem understated.

One of the most shocking incidents he told me about was the time a couple of detectives from the West Midlands came up to Yorkshire to carry out a "secret" investigation. My uncle was deputed to assist them. This was code for getting them pissed and finding out what they were doing. Despite his best efforts, for which local publicans were extremely grateful, they kept quiet and returned to Birmingham without spilling the beans.

He later found out that they had been working on the Lesley Whittle murder. The wire that had been used to murder her had been manufactured in Bradford and they had been sent up to check the sales records of the manufacturer. It was the sort of job that could easily have been handled by West Midlands Police Force ringing WY police and asking them to undertake that bit of the investigation. Local knowledge might possibly have been useful. But such was the rivalry between different police forces, the idea of co-operating on a major investigation was unthinkable. No police force was prepared to share the kudos of solving a murder investigation with another force.

My regular partner at work told me a while ago that his uncle was best mates with Sutcliffe back in his youth.

Scary thought, eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.