Peterborough (A) | Post Match Thread

So....a strong City side playing bottom of the table Peterborough who hadn't won since December. A nice stress free evening, a chance for is to rack up some goals, a few out of form players get their form back. How wrong could I be?? A truly awful performance, no wonder Ake and Dias were hooked at half time they were dreadful but so was everybody.

We are worryingly flat. Slow, ponderous, players out of form. I couldn't relax until the second goal went in and even then we had our scares. A forgettable game with only three highlights. Fodens pass and the two finishes. We won that is all.
A better team could have punished us

Common theme when we win isnt it,................., Studio is like a Wake.

Saw a post on Twitter the other day from a young female Blue

She put " I wish i could find a Man who loves me as much as BT Sport Love Liverpool "

Thought it was pretty appropriate.
We all know, that man doesn't exist

Zinchenko and Dias are pleased to be through after a tough game on a difficult pitch

t-in-the-park-2012-image-5-811025218.jpg

Couple of player returning from injury, couple of Fringe players getting a game, pitch that wouldn't have looked out of place on Hough End, and a team whose only real plan was to suffocate us and stay compacted behind the ball with 10 men pretty much on defensive duty.
The game panned out pretty much how I expected it to. Scrappy. Of course we didn't help ourselves at times with some terrible decision making, slow pedestrian passing and a lack of any real urgency and there were a couple of standout performances for the wrong reasons, Jesus in particular but I never felt like the result was in doubt.
We did enough. Would have given Grealish a huge boost that goal so that in itself is a huge positive going into the next few weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.