Peterborough (A) | Post Match Thread

Difficult game on a difficult pitch but we got the result. Still a lack of urgency and misplaced passes showing through, need to just get back to basics there - keep the ball, make the space, make a run, hit the target.

A bit of favouring of the underdog going on too from the ref, unless he was just a bit crap. Not big decisions, I mean giving throw ins and goal kicks to them which pretty obviously came off their player last, on several occasions. He missed about three deflections on three different shots which should have been corners. Thing is, I know on the pitch close to the action you can actually hear a deflection usually too, so lord knows what the ref was doing to miss them all. Turning a blind eye, I think.

There was one bit of play where Mahrez's ankles were hacked at four times by the full back - the commentator called it tenacious - before being physically pushed out along with the ball. Decision, Peterborough throw in! Even the players could see what was going on, thankfully they didn't decide to go in even tougher and leave us with injuries, but I feel like the ref was inviting them to have a go.

Well done to Peterborough though for the effort, hope they don't do a spurs and make the mistake of thinking they only have to try against City.

We were shite until we scored
I can forgive them as the pitch was an absolute shocker. It was just a question of staying patient. In the end we could and should have won by more.

Not our best performance tbf. We do not play too well for a few games. Hopefully this ends Sunday.

Bit disappointing not to see any youngsters in the line up.

Peterborough worked their socks off and played some decent football at times.

Great following from us. As always.
Jesus and Grealish needed game time. We need to keep Dhino ticking over as we are a Rhodri injury away from no experienced DM. That probably influenced Pep's options on youngsters.

I imagine the ref thought he was being a right clever **** not giving the free kick and yellow card for the clear foul on Foden in the build up to our first goal. “Haha you blue bastards”, I bet he thought, “I’ve given you a shit advan, oh bugger.”

Have that, you twat.

It is worth sitting through a less than stellar first 55 minutes to see two goals of that quality. Fantastic goals both.

Come on, City, bash the rag bastards into submission on Sunday.

Two fantastic goals

We seem to be very sluggish at the moment, i know the pitch was shite but this seems the case last few games

It's as though we are conserving energy.

In the bag for next round though.

Oh and that fucking clown of a ref was so obvious it's frustrating to watch

An excellent goal. Great ball from Phil, brilliant first touch from Jack, easy tap in. Is it me or are there signs that Grealish is coming into his own now?

There've been plenty of signs. He was built up as a straw man by the media (some of us went along with that, by the way), who couldn't win. He had to be playing like a combination of Messi and Ronaldo right from the off. Because he was £100-million-Jack-Grealish, The Most Expensive Footballer Since The Invention of Fire.
Problem is, Pep has a system, and he gets every player to play to it. They do what they're told. Sometimes it's frustrating. Jack had pretty much free rein at Villa, every ball was looking for him. Not at all the same set-up.
I think he'll come good, and in any case I'm not going to judge him negatively (or positively) until at least some way into next season. I don't remember Bernardo ripping up any trees in his first season, and Riyad Mahrez certainly didn't. They are now among our best players.

Why was Fernandinho booked when he was rugby tackled by the throat to the ground?
If I heard it right Dixon said something about Fernandinho holding onto the Peterborough players arm? Then the other dickhead on comentating said something about Fernandinho usually being quite good at talking his way out of those situations?
I didnt really understand any of it, looked to me like Fern had just been wrestled to the ground but apparently not?

There've been plenty of signs. He was built up as a straw man by the media (some of us went along with that, by the way), who couldn't win. He had to be playing like a combination of Messi and Ronaldo right from the off. Because he was £100-million-Jack-Grealish, The Most Expensive Footballer Since The Invention of Fire.
Problem is, Pep has a system, and he gets every player to play to it. They do what they're told. Sometimes it's frustrating. Jack had pretty much free rein at Villa, every ball was looking for him. Not at all the same set-up.
I think he'll come good, and in any case I'm not going to judge him negatively (or positively) until at least some way into next season. I don't remember Bernardo ripping up any trees in his first season, and Riyad Mahrez certainly didn't. They are now among our best players.

Add Rodri and Cancelo to that list, both first names on the team sheet now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.