Peterborough (A) | Post Match Thread

A fair account. Did most City fans visit Charters? Any other good pubs visited? Price of beer not too steep.
Walked to the ground with a local bloke who took us to The Coal Heavers Arms. No City in there apart from us, but great atmosphere and superb craft beer. Had a few pints of a beer called 10/50 - 5%; bloody lovely. Then, cracking atmosphere on the forecourt in the ground, but the air was choking with fumes from the bloody flares being let off. Not a brilliant performance. A few little scares when they managed to threaten, but 2 lovely goals. Peterborough fans seemed to enjoy it - very few early leavers from what I could see. Forever memorable from the Zinchenko angle - no doubt this will be the new "York away", but - this time - I really was there.

A fair account. Did most City fans visit Charters? Any other good pubs visited? Price of beer not too steep.
Charters was great - one of the best pubs I've ever visited on an away day. I was drinking Stowford Press cider at £4.30 a pint which isn't unreasonable these days. Went and met a mate in the Yard Of Ale to pick up my match ticket and ended up in The Peacock close to kick-off. Not really one for real ale connoisseurs but still had a good laugh. It was split in two - Posh in one room and City in the other - but it was a bit of a mockery really as everyone was using the same toilets!

A few more in Charters afterwards, and fuck knows what time I bowled into my hotel room at as I was probably up to about 13 or 14 pints by then. I'll never learn, and while I didn't feel too bad when I woke up, the train journey home yesterday had me feeling ropey as it was roasting!

Walked to the ground with a local bloke who took us to The Coal Heavers Arms. No City in there apart from us, but great atmosphere and superb craft beer. Had a few pints of a beer called 10/50 - 5%; bloody lovely. Then, cracking atmosphere on the forecourt in the ground, but the air was choking with fumes from the bloody flares being let off. Not a brilliant performance. A few little scares when they managed to threaten, but 2 lovely goals. Peterborough fans seemed to enjoy it - very few early leavers from what I could see. Forever memorable from the Zinchenko angle - no doubt this will be the new "York away", but - this time - I really was there.
Glad you enjoyed the local hospitality. Cheers!

We called in a sports bar about 4 ish, half a mile from the ground, not many in at that time, ordered the beer as my mate pointed out the liverpool memorabilia around the pub. As I'd already ordered we stayed for one pint, short chat with the landlord who was the big liverpool fan from peterborough, and was a little concerned about City fans coming in, so much so he moved a four foot tall cardboard cut out of mo salah from the bar.

Had a great evening, arrived at 5:45 and went straight to Charters bar, decent atmosphere, lots of blues, friendly banter with the Posh fans. Went to the ground at around 6:45 and hung out by the away section for a bit eating (we had home end tickets).
Noel Gallagher walked past and was about to go in the turnstiles so couldn't get my phone out quick enough so just gave him a fist bump and said alright Noel (sad I know) but never met him before. Like the previous poster said, he did seem very miserable.
Watched the game, have to say Peterborough fans were great throughout. After the game as I walked around the corner to where the bus was, the players were coming out. They were great and most stopped for photos. Got one with De Bruyne, Jesus, Laporte, Grealish, Bernardo and Rodri. It was chaos when Grealish came out, mainly amongst the females.
Job done in the end, onto the quarters!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.