'Petition' for a Bert Trautmann stand.

champ16ns2012 said:
There is allways petitions like this when an old popular player dies but Bert truely deserves to have something to remind future generations of what he ment to not just City but the rest of the the football world a very genuine Legend. and yes the word legend is very very overused these days but not for the likes of Bert Trautmann.

agree

Brilliant idea! I think the club has made some progress in the pictures of historic moments on the stadium but we need to create that history and homeliness to the stadium with tributes to the greats like Lee, Bell and Summerbee, Mercer and Allison etc. Need to pay respect and ensure that the players from our history play a big part in our future. It is what City are all about, the tough times, the good and the bad and staying there throughout. Bert is an icon of everything we as a club stand for.

blueunit said:
kippax81 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
agree with this, but we also need a statue of mercer aand allison outside the ground

Personally I think we should have a statue for all of our past greats who are no longer with us. Would show the world where we came from, and it's not as if the club can't afford it.

I agree 100%

Joe, Big Malc, Bert, Frank Swift, etc

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Neither Dave Ewing nor I would mind one bit for the Dave Ewing Stand aka The South Stand to be renamed 'T finest bloody goalkeeper in the world Stand!'
Eric may have something to say. Seriously Bert's story is something different; it transcends football, so naming a stand would be not be out of place.

I think we should name the stand after Bert, but I think there should also be a statue in the pose when he was getting up to continue playing after breaking his neck. And a street name to commemorate in some way his work for better Anglo-German relations and understanding.

One hundred percent behind this idea , a true Man City Legend and he deserves this tribute.
Absolute gentleman , he may be gone but the LEGEND WILL LIVE FOREVER...!!!

If anyone deserves the honour of a statue and the naming of a stand it's Bert Trautmann, just a shame these great players have to pass on before anything like this is done for them.

There are a number of greats that deserve a lasting memorial, not least Frank Swift.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.