PETITION RE NEWBIE WUMs

Damocles said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
Damocles said:
What's with this tiered system? I think you're over complicating it a bit. The majority of members on here are top quality folks with differing opinions and Bluemoon is a superb forum, why can't a new poster respect the board and wait a short period of time before starting a post? Geniune fans will have no problem with this and that's what the problem is...being inundated by non-geniune fans who are ruining the board, spoiling it for the existing members and dragging down the name of Bluemoon.

Because you are making assumptions that new posters will be similar to yourself. Imagine if a user comes along who posts maybe once a week, giving a review of the game he/she has just been to or something. It would take nearly a year to get to your limit of 50 posts. Is this fair? Does he/she have less of a right to start a thread than you?
This is the basis of a two tiered system, where post count is seen as an acceptable measure of quality and genuineness.

I understand that you might not want to wade through hundreds of shit posts a day, but setting limits is the wrong ay to approach the problem. I still think we need more mods.

Something needs to be done before posters desert this board. Personally, I'm not too sure how much longer I will stay on here...in my opinion Bluemoon is not what it was a year ago and is declining fast...it's a shame as I think it is the best but something needs to be done and I would hazard a guess that the majority of folks on here feel the same way too.

That's because the club has changed, and is not the fault of BM. With greater publicity and status comes greater exposure to WUMs.

that's the reason why the site/forum has to change. you will kill this great forum
if you leave in in the lap of the gods and assume it will tick along, I'm on this forum
nearly 2 years but i have started very few threads, but i'm glad to post and add my
opinion to other posters threads. What we are seeing now is every tom, dick and dick
starting a new thread exactly like 4 or 5 others on the forum not because they have
anything new but just want to to start idle and random threads.

Damocles said:
Perhaps if we got more mods, with a focus on trying to provide 24 hour coverage, then these problems will disappear.

Yep good debate. Whislt 24 hour coverage would be great for a big company with big resources a 24 hour helpline for a fan's forum is a bit over the top and unachievable. Putting in place some sort of deterent which will not push away geniune fans should be easy to achieve at no real cost both in many hours or monetary terms.

All the best

URG

I was meaning appoint mods in different timezones to ensure that we have mods on all day and night. With an increase in the number of mods, hopefully it will mean less work for the ones we already have but a more efficient forum.
I like the deterrent idea though, any thoughts on what it could be?

Damocles said:
Damocles said:
Perhaps if we got more mods, with a focus on trying to provide 24 hour coverage, then these problems will disappear.

Yep good debate. Whislt 24 hour coverage would be great for a big company with big resources a 24 hour helpline for a fan's forum is a bit over the top and unachievable. Putting in place some sort of deterent which will not push away geniune fans should be easy to achieve at no real cost both in many hours or monetary terms.

All the best

URG

I was meaning appoint mods in different timezones to ensure that we have mods on all day and night. With an increase in the number of mods, hopefully it will mean less work for the ones we already have but a more efficient forum.
I like the deterrent idea though, any thoughts on what it could be?

Yeah the deterent is simple, you can't start a thread until you have 50 posts!

Yeah the deterent is simple, you can't start a thread until you have 50 posts!

To be fair, that's a restriction more than a deterrent :D

another idea springs to mind using the email confirmation register the email address and ip and place in limbo then leave it so they are unable to re register, obviously this would mean checking ip's used by current members that are to be banned

also banning free email accounts will not affect current members

also sharing ip's with other forums (trusted)

and ban guset from viewing the full forum

If we're honest I think that a large part of the problem lies in the fact that we all crave the latest information, right here, right now and as a result are victims of the mechanisn, i.e. the internet forum.
It's a paradox. In your heart you want to believe even though your head tells you it's not true, particulary where the ITK threads are concerned.
IMO there's no real solution but to temper our frustrations and look forward to normality once the window closes and the new season starts.

Re: Petition!! get this board back to normality!

nu774ll said:
i think the board needs another new set of mods, some tough tackling, decision making enforcers who arent afraid to ban WUM/RAGS/just general kn*bs, they are wasting our bandwith posting complete and utter f*cking schoolkid drivel and generally taking the piss! you just need to go into the Transfer forum now to see 1 (utterly) sad lowlife schoolkid who comes on here to escape the bullies who torment him at school and he is just posting sh*te after sh*te after utter sh*te.... AND HE STILL HASN'T BEEN BANNED!

with our new found status were only going to get more of these morons and i dont want to waste my time reading the sh*te they post, so i think, the great idea by URG should be put in place and then add a new team of mods cos you can guarantee people will just sign up and post the 40/50 posts just so they can access the other parts of the site and start their pathetic games.

we never used to get the shit like this, but it is becoming abit of a mess, so come on Ric, bring the board up to date, i know you like to give freedom of the board, easily assesibility of the board etc but that just makes the board more suspectible to these tw*ts!

its only going to get worse when the sheik gets his wallet out too, it will upset alot more of these saddo's!!

i agree 100% , this forum has become a joke of late , i'm sick to death of opening a thread to find complete and utter shite posted ..

There do seem to be people on here who come crashing in with no history and they always seem to post threads that have been seen a few time before.

Hughes Out, anyone?

Aaaah, the season starts here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.