PETITION RE NEWBIE WUMs

While I can see what the OP was saying, I can also understand Damocles' point of view...not least because his idea is able to be implemented with code and with as little hassle for the mods as possible. Also for the fact that this IS an open forum and is all about differing points of view.

How about a compromise then? New posters are given a section of their own to post in (more heavily moderated than the main section...which stays as it is now) After x amount of posts they can be allowed to the main section since by then mods will be able to make out if theyre likely to cause trouble.

A reluctant Yes I am afraid. It is a form of Protectionism to safeguard our interests but we must find a way of safeguarding the genuine fan who wants to join and despite what somebody said earlier I personally love reading the type of First post when the fan says how long he has been a fan and why and who took him to the game etc.

Also; I do not think it is a good idea to stop people starting threads based on the number of posts. It is quality not quantity that counts in the end. Anybody can get there count up on here by going " Barm" or " Muffin" every couple of days and sometimes what you want to post has already been done. An example, the Big Phil debate when De Niro went on about Andy Carroll. Would anybody have needed me to tell him why he was so wrong when half a dozen people had already done so??

Would it be possible to add the amount of time online in our Forum descriptions ? surely a more effective control measure and a show of commitment to see who the genuine contributors are. If the Mods feel something is needed to stop needless repeat threads.

Finally, their should be no prejudice against on line guests. When I am at work I am on line most of the night but unable to sign in.

cleavers said what needs to be done.Take responsibility. ignore crap. it sinks out of sight .petulant and shrill responses belong in the playground. the point of a wind-up is to get a response . So dont respond simples

agree with URG, however i would have thought that a "time period" rather than "number of posts" would be the correct way to implement a system - people can rack up 50 posts in no time if they just do shit "pmsl" kind of stuff.

if people had to wait say a month before they could start a thread then i think it would help hugely.

Hello. Mrs Ifiwasarichfan here and this is my first post. I think City should buy Terry Henry because he is lovely and have Andy Townsend or Jose as the Managers because they are lovely as well.

Rammy Blue said:
agree with URG, however i would have thought that a "time period" rather than "number of posts" would be the correct way to implement a system - people can rack up 50 posts in no time if they just do shit "pmsl" kind of stuff.

if people had to wait say a month before they could start a thread then i think it would help hugely.

I agree here RB, URG initial idea in principle is one we all agree with, however a timescale period as opposed to number of posts would work a little better.

I enjoyed this site and still do generally but the number of idiotic posts and serial WUMs is beginning to irritate !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.