PETITION RE NEWBIE WUMs

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
We've already got that but we have to keep up to date with idiots coming on board. How many newbies have we had today to keep listing. The onus should not be on the existing member to deal with this situation...the onus should be on the new member to respect the board and if they can't respect having to wait a short while before starting a thread then you have to question if they truly are here for the right reasons.

But the problem with the board *IS* a personal one, though I agree that ignore probably wasn't the best solution.

I still think that this is a bad route to go down, as it does create a tiered user system. What about the ability to mass ignore all threads started by users under 50 posts? You get your wish, and we keep away from a tiered system.

Damocles said:
We've already got that but we have to keep up to date with idiots coming on board. How many newbies have we had today to keep listing. The onus should not be on the existing member to deal with this situation...the onus should be on the new member to respect the board and if they can't respect having to wait a short while before starting a thread then you have to question if they truly are here for the right reasons.

But the problem with the board *IS* a personal one, though I agree that ignore probably wasn't the best solution.

I still think that this is a bad route to go down, as it does create a tiered user system. What about the ability to mass ignore all threads started by users under 50 posts? You get your wish, and we keep away from a tiered system.

What's with this tiered system? I think you're over complicating it a bit. The majority of members on here are top quality folks with differing opinions and Bluemoon is a superb forum, why can't a new poster respect the board and wait a short period of time before starting a post? Geniune fans will have no problem with this and that's what the problem is...being inundated by non-geniune fans who are ruining the board, spoiling it for the existing members and dragging down the name of Bluemoon.

I think that the mods should just stop anyone from joining until the transfer window closes. If they are actually City fans then they will be able to wait to join up and just browse like I imagine they have been doing, if they are rag / wums, they won't wanna wait and will fuck off.

What's with this tiered system? I think you're over complicating it a bit. The majority of members on here are top quality folks with differing opinions and Bluemoon is a superb forum, why can't a new poster respect the board and wait a short period of time before starting a post? Geniune fans will have no problem with this and that's what the problem is...being inundated by non-geniune fans who are ruining the board, spoiling it for the existing members and dragging down the name of Bluemoon.

It's what they have on .nob. New posters have to be 'approved' by the admin before they can post threads. They then become a "senior poster" and can post threads.
I would be very much against a free forum, that's only free if you hold the same opinion as the admin.
I'm not saying that's what you're advocating URG, but it's the first step along that road.

stony said:

It's what they have on .nob. New posters have to be 'approved' by the admin before they can post threads. They then become a "senior poster" and can post threads.
I would be very much against a free forum, that's only free if you hold the same opinion as the admin.
I'm not saying that's what you're advocating URG, but it's the first step along that road.

I'm not advocating that at all. I'm suggesting that new posters can join and start posting straight away...joining in with all the chat on any thread but they cannot start a thread until they have 50 posts and when they do bob's your uncle. I am not suggesting that any admin have to be involved to approve them and I'm not suggesting their opinions have to be rated or consider...they would simply be able to start threads when they hit 50 posts...by then any idiots would probably have been sussed out or reported.

Because you are making assumptions that new posters will be similar to yourself. Imagine if a user comes along who posts maybe once a week, giving a review of the game he/she has just been to or something. It would take nearly a year to get to your limit of 50 posts. Is this fair? Does he/she have less of a right to start a thread than you?
This is the basis of a two tiered system, where post count is seen as an acceptable measure of quality and genuineness.

I understand that you might not want to wade through hundreds of shit posts a day, but setting limits is the wrong ay to approach the problem. I still think we need more mods.

Something needs to be done as it's getting out of hand. I'd say at least 100 posts before they can make a thread.

As a newbie to the forum I agree that something should be done. Only problem I see is if you create a minimum number of posts to start a thread, you may see a massive increase in stupid posts by newbies just so they can reach the threshold. As with any message board there are a few idiots who try to ruin things for the masses, and these people should be banned. People with a genuine difference of opinions who are reasonable respectful should be left alone. Good luck!

stony said:

I'm not advocating that at all. I'm suggesting that new posters can join and start posting straight away...joining in with all the chat on any thread but they cannot start a thread until they have 50 posts and when they do bob's your uncle. I am not suggesting that any admin have to be involved to approve them and I'm not suggesting their opinions have to be rated or consider...they would simply be able to start threads when they hit 50 posts...by then any idiots would probably have been sussed out or reported.

I can see the logic in it, and something needs to be done. As long as it's an automated thing then why not. I just don't want to head down the .nob route.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.